- Last Activity:
- Jun 27, 2022 at 10:56 AM
- Nov 26, 2012
- Trophy Points:
- Positive ratings received:
- Finance Manager
Share This Page
Expert, Female, from Worcestershire
Get my new pump next week, whoop whoop, keep on pumping ! Jan 16, 2020
- Juicyj was last seen:
- Jun 27, 2022
- Finance Manager
- Type of diabetes:
- Type 1
- Treatment type:
- Novorapid, Levothyroxine and red wine.
- Dog, bike and running around like a legless chicken..
- Living life to the full, running, cycling, skiing, travelling, sunshine, helping others and big smiles.
Diagnosed type 1 - in 2013 after a week's skiing holiday during which I skied my first black run and then celebrated by drinking a can of coke, in fact I didn't stop drinking coke that week...
- Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I try hard to not let type 1 rule my life, it's like walking a tightrope every day. However I challenge myself to defy this condition, so continue to ski each year, taken up riding a road bike, started running in 2017, completed my 50th park run in August 2019 and my first marathon in October 2020.
Take it one day at a time, help others and don't take life too seriously.
SignatureCommunity - what everyone should know:
- Newly diagnosed: what you should know
- Blood glucose test strip access
- Questions to ask at a diabetes clinic
- Forum ethos and rules
- Low Carb Program - it's made front-page news of the New Scientist and The Times. Developed with 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes; 96% of people who take part recommend it... find out why
- Hypo Program - improve your understanding of hypos. There's a version for people with diabetes, parents/guardians of children with type 1, children with type 1 diabetes, teachers and Health Care Professionals.