Rough Day - Rant-ish

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
I've got no idea whats going on, but for some reason my blood sugar levels have decided to spike and I'm exhausted. Not just tired but physically exhausted. I feel like I've been pushing against a solid wall of air all day just to do anything. I've got a slight cold and I know that people in the past have said that colds can make you feel worse, because they interfere with you blood sugars but to make me feel like this. It's ridiculous I feel like going back to bed, its the middle of the day. I'm 44 not 4 I shouldn't need a nap just to get through the day.

sorry, rant over, mainly because I don't have the energy to continue typing.

Reactions: 2 people

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
its ridiculous I swear I was never ill until I got diagnoised now since I've been on metformin and have had the flu jab I catch every bug going and each one seems to take me longer and longer to get over. I'm sick of being diabetic I want my life back. I miss chocolate, cakes, crisps, chips, soda and alcohol among many other things. BEING DIABETIC SUCKS.

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think there is more rant to come from you!

Yes, it sucks, so does life in so many ways!

But, sometimes you just have to fight for what's better, not only for you but your family and friends.
Don't let the bloody thing get on your nerves and try your best to sort it.

If I can, you can!!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Been there, got the t-shirt for hyperglycemia. It just plain sucks dozing off at inappropriate times. Drink lots of water and don't eat any carbohydrates until BMs <13 mmol/l

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Join the club! Life can be a real pig can't it!

I had a virus followed by a bad ear infection in summer 2014 and haven't felt 100% right since then - but as I'm an OAP (old and past it :D) I suppose I might have an excuse if I feel like sleeping all day, though...

Maybe look at any stuff you might be taking for you cold to see if there's anything there that could be aggrevating things?

Feel better soon.

Robbity

Garyfx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello everyone ,
I feel fed up two I have only been recently diagnosed with type 2 but I have been also suffering from cfs and Fybromyagia my problem is I always feel tied and up to now the doctors have always put it down to the cfs but now I'm wondering if I have had this a lot longer , I have been testing my bloods this week and I have noticed that when they read about 14 I can just about keep my eyes open .
This concerns me that I have had type 2 for a long time and I still yet to receive some treatment and I worried if it's caused more damage than I know about.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello everyone ,
I feel fed up two I have only been recently diagnosed with type 2 but I have been also suffering from cfs and Fybromyagia my problem is I always feel tied and up to now the doctors have always put it down to the cfs but now I'm wondering if I have had this a lot longer , I have been testing my bloods this week and I have noticed that when they read about 14 I can just about keep my eyes open .
This concerns me that I have had type 2 for a long time and I still yet to receive some treatment and I worried if it's caused more damage than I know about.
Hi Gary,
If you were preparing for a long sailing trip, you would prepare for most eventualities.
What you need to do now is plan ahead on how you are going to get control of this condition.
You need to plan out the next few weeks and get in your supplies and map out your journey till you are happy with your blood glucose levels.

You have to realise that you can live with this condition and feel good, not like now, but if you really do want to feel better, then it starts today, you have already started because you decided to join this great forum. Let it continue, and let's see if you can.
Nothing In life is really easy, it takes time and planning. This is for the long haul and if you are like me, I'm not going anywhere soon, and I want to do this fitter and healthier than I have been.

Good luck on your travels, Bon Voyage!

Reactions: 6 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Garyfx - whenever anyone mentions excessive fatigue, three things immediately occur to me because before diagnosis I spent most of my life napping. The 3 things were high BG, hypothyroid and Vitamin D3 deficiency. The thing that made the biggest difference to my health was being put on Vitamin D3 supplementation. Please have yours checked if you haven't already done so as Vitamin D3 is also linked to chronic pain syndromes.

Garyfx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yes I to have a vitamin d problem and have been taking fultium 5000 iu for quite a while but it hasn't helped regarding my tiredness unfortunately .