Sugar Free Flavored Water?

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has tried the volvic sugar free strawberry flavoured water and if it is ok to have?
I am getting fed up of drinking normal water and fancied a change... does anyone recommend this or have any other different ideas for flavoured water?
TIA guys! :) x

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has tried the volvic sugar free strawberry flavoured water and if it is ok to have?
I am getting fed up of drinking normal water and fancied a change... does anyone recommend this or have any other different ideas for flavoured water?
I always have sugar free Vimto cordial in the fridge 0carbs 0 sugar but it does have sweetener I add 1 tablespoon to glass of tap water and have no bg increase, it only gives a hint of taste but that's all the flavoured stuff does anyway

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi - Maybe I'm doing something wrong here (well possible) but I have to drink about 3 litres a day due to a new kidney, and was advised (pre diabetes) to put a little diluted orange in my water. For months I have had three litre bottles per day (each with a very small amount of diluted Robinsons - Orange or Summer Fruits) - I get a maybe five litre bottles made up from each full bottle. I don't think they cause me problems....and my levels are okay atm....any thoughts. Anyone else finding such drinks suitable?

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
Yes we've been buying this for about 5yrs we get 12 bottles delivered once a month fabulous stuff

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
asda strathmoor sparkling water for me strawberry & blackberry, peach, they are very good on offer at the moment 50p for 1.5 litre bottle.

Reactions: 2 people

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i have been drinking https://www.v-water.co.uk/
Sweetened with purified stevia leaf extract.

Available at ocado Tesco etc

not sure I totally trust it as its made by PepsiCo
but it does not seem to spike me

Yetiandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Volvic sugar free is not as sugar free as it sounds! check the label for details

Reactions: 5 people

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
I've been drinking a lot of coca-cola zero recently doesn't have any carbs or sugars :)

C

catherinecherub

These drinks may not cause a rise in blood sugars but it seems that some can affect your teeth in a negative way.

The studies found that the majority of soft drinks and sports drinks led to softening of dental enamel by between a third and a half.

They also show that both sugary and sugar-free soft beverages - including flavored mineral waters - cause a measurable loss of tooth enamel, with no significant difference between the two types of drink.

Also, six of the eight sports drinks tested in the studies caused loss of dental enamel. The two that did not had a higher calcium content, note the report authors.

The Oral Health CRC recommend that sugar-free products - including soft drinks, confectionery or candy, and sports drinks - should carry labels with information that helps consumers evaluate them in relation to their oral health.

'

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/303293.php

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
I absolutely agree but I see my dentist regularly and he's given me a prescription toothpaste that helps very much aswell as T2 and associate conditions high blood pressure high cholesterol I suffer from oestoarthritis copd gout cervical spondylosis and eczema and I take a hatful of medication every day in conjunction with gp dentist copd nurse & diabetic nurse we've come to the conclusion that flavoured water is the way forward I do get a terrible thirst & we all feel that drinking that water prescription glandasane is the way to move forward I'm acutely aware that we have to watch teeth very carefully

DavidnVicky

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
My wife is T1 and used to always opt for the sugar free Artificial sweetener option. However, after she was investigating the affects of certain sweeteners because of the effects they seemed to be having on our 11 year old, she made some rather disturbing discoveries, specifically regards Aspartame and more recently Sucralose. Just a word of warning that sugar free isn't necessarily the best option. I must say that v-water looks like a good alternative for both her and our son.

Reactions: 3 people

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
I tried the water and it was horrid! Think ill just be sticking to diet coke and bottled water then! :)