Type1. New to forum

Kazlow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The cold
I'm sorry to hear about your ulcers. Please feel free to moan as much as you want. You have every reason to. Diabetes can be a cruel condition.

Regarding your son, it sounds like you've tried everything to help him. Does he have friends he'll listen to? If he reads around the forum, he'll see he's not the only young person rebelling against diabetes sadly. Sometimes teens will listen more to their peers than older people, especially if those older people are their parents! It must be hard watching him neglect his diabetes so much.
I shouldn't really moan as I still find some enjoyment in life. Got a fantastic grandson who makes me smile.
As for james well he doesn't listen to his friends either. Tonight I just blew my lid at him. Another HI then after loads of insulin it was still HI four hours later!!! His sugars must be off the scale. I don't normally shout at him but I've come to the end of my tether. I'm frustrated. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you Paul for your welcome. I'm having trouble with the app I downloaded on my phone. There is nowhere to post a reply. I've had to use the Internet to post this reply. Have I done something wrong??

Nope, nothing wrong - it worked fine, Kazlow x

Reactions: 3 people

Oslo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, Bigots, Meat
Welcome Kazlow, you really have had the stuffing kicked out of you haven't you! It's a testament to your personal strength your still in there fighting. I can relate to the feelings of isolation and loneliness and regret not having done something about it before now. Both you and your son need to get linked in with this group. Rest assured your son will come round he's just being a typical teen ! If you need a good moan give me a shout anytime.