Daily Mail yesterday - praise for low carb

Juicyjan53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very interesting article in the paper yesterday about non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Dr David Unwin strongly expounds the value of a low carb diet for those with this condition and his findings were supported by the British Liver Trust. No surprise then to this forum. I had a liver scan yesterday due to results of my blood test so the article was of great interest to me. If it transpires that I do have a fatty liver then at least I know the best way to deal with it along with my diabetes. :smug: You may be able to pick it up on the Mail website if you're interested.

Janx

Reactions: 7 people

Juicyjan53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for putting the link in Amethyst 579, I don't know why I didn't think of that - probably because I didn't know how to :wideyed: doh...!

Reactions: 2 people

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Very interesting article in the paper yesterday about non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Dr David Unwin strongly expounds the value of a low carb diet for those with this condition and his findings were supported by the British Liver Trust. No surprise then to this forum. I had a liver scan yesterday due to results of my blood test so the article was of great interest to me. If it transpires that I do have a fatty liver then at least I know the best way to deal with it along with my diabetes. :smug: You may be able to pick it up on the Mail website if you're interested.

Janx
Why thank you Janx
About twice as many people have abnormal liver function as have diabetes and the two often go together. As yet there is no medication to help the liver problem so the low carb diet idea is a real boon to our low carb movement. I was particularly pleased to get backing from the British Liver Trust.
I think this is the third helpful article the Daily mail have put out this year -"times, they are a changing"
Cheers

Reactions: 10 people