Autoimmune comditions

jamesfitz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Following your type 1 diagnosis which other autoimmune conditions did you go on to develop?

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
a severe case of Awesome... Wait no I already had that...

So far nothing I guess?.. I would really like to keep it that way too.

Reactions: 8 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Diabetes, under active thyroid, Addison's disease, coeliac, and being investigated for MS. Besides that am fit and healthy :)

Reactions: Dodo

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hypothyroidism too, I take levothyroxine daily, there is a connection to other auto immune conditions, is this why you are asking ?

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Psoraisis, which came before diabetes. I just hope it stops there :-(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Coeliac , Oral Lichen Planus and Osteopotosis (which could be an autoimmune condition, it's still being investigated)

flossymartin05

I had endometriosis ....severely for 20 years lots of surgery etc Alot of people think it is an auto immune disease .I also had asthma as a child and I currently take anti viral drugs as I get a lot of facial cold sores....my immune system seems a bit weak.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
type1 43 years

pre-proliferative diabetic retinopathy with previos early maculopathy, hypogylcaemia with altered awareness,
previous radioactive iodene theraphy for graves' thyrotoxicosis, median nerve mononeuropathy

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Only complication so far has been diabetic retinopathy, been treatment free for around 11 years now although still have to attend regular appointments at the Ophthalmology Clinic.

lunuka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My mam and grandad both have/had vitiligo and I was joking I'd been hit with the short straw when I noticed a patch where my mam says her first one came up! Luckily, in her words I'm "so pale anyway you can't even tell" but still! Autoimmune sucks -_-

jodysd6

I have very high thyroid antibodies but I'm not yet technically hypothyroid, but that's the only thing so far!

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hypothyroid, lichen planus, currently monitored for pernicious anaemia as have antibodies, now waiting investigations for a very unpleasant autoimmune condition, annoying to discover there are a whole range of autoimmune conditions i had not heard of that affect mainly women in their late 50's and 60's and even later .

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
hypothyroidism, endometriosis (suspect that could be genetic though...though...also suspect my d is genetic. far too many of us have it...),

Lozj82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypothyroidism, Lupus SLE, sjogrens and raynauds (whilst not autoimmune also have epilepsy which they say goes hand in hand with diabetes but who knows!)

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypothyroidism, Addisons disease and pernicious anaemia.
X