How much weight have YOU lost?

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My weight has 'stuck' at the same level for almost 2 weeks - so I'm feeling :(. I've also had a really bad cold for a while so my exercise routine has changed as the weather's been too cold and wet to go for walks. I don't feel like eating much so thought that might compensate for reduced exercise!
How can I get back on track?

brads27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cheese
List another 1lb so list 13 in a month, got the bread maker, I made a nice wholemeal loaf and was very good only had 1 slice. Food can be a problem for me, I don't really like fish, I hate any soup, so my choices are restricted.

Reactions: 4 people

Sweet-Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The rain.
Lost 3st in just as many months, I'm putting it down to the change of antidepressants, but the nurse said it was probably because of stress and anxiety. Either way, it must be a good thing for a diabetic?

Reactions: 6 people

dipakotak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I reached the milestone of losing 2 and a half stone - 35 pounds (almost 16 kilos!) since being diagnosed T2 on June 8th. My lovely husband has thought of a great way to motivate and encourage me - he's got a strong plastic bag and fills it with stones/pebbles/bricks to the amount I've lost. We've had to start a second bag as the first was almost too heavy to lift:D - just makes me realise how much weight I'm NOT carrying around every day. My birthday is in 4 weeks time and if I can lose another 3 pounds by then, then I'll be in a different stone bracket - for the first time in 20 years:)
ps - following very low carb diet (20 - 30 g per day) and only moderate not high fat.

That is wonderful @Tirianne. I have to lose a few stones and after the diagnosis mid October I lost just over half a stone. Weighing myself this weekend. Congratulations on your achievement. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight has 'stuck' at the same level for almost 2 weeks - so I'm feeling :(. I've also had a really bad cold for a while so my exercise routine has changed as the weather's been too cold and wet to go for walks. I don't feel like eating much so thought that might compensate for reduced exercise!
How can I get back on track?
@Tirianne , think of all the weight you have already lost! You are on track, just keep on doing what you have been doing. Our bodies are not mechanical, sometimes the weight loss stalls a bit, then your weight drops again. Just don't panic, as stress is not good for blood sugars (or weight loss)

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tirianne , think of all the weight you have already lost! You are on track, just keep on doing what you have been doing. Our bodies are not mechanical, sometimes the weight loss stalls a bit, then your weight drops again. Just don't panic, as stress is not good for blood sugars (or weight loss)

Thanks so much for the encouragement and really helpful advice - the good news is that I lost another pound this week - so perhaps things are 'moving' again - but the sad news is that my cold is as bad as ever - I now have a sore throat and glands up .!!:(
I'm cheering mysefl up with a wardrobe sort out as I've gone down 4 or even 5 dress sizes and am finding some things I thought I'd never fit in to again - and there's a big bag for the local charity shop as well:D

C

catherinecherub

Some posts have been removed due to a diet, totally unsuitable for diabetics, being promoted. If anyone is concerned about their post being removed then please contact the Moderation team.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back on topic, I have by now shed 25 kg, which puts me below 32 BMI. Another 20 kg to go until I hit normal BMI, so more than half way there :D

brads27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cheese
I had a bad week put 5lbs on had previously lost a stone,so must try harder,I bought a bred maker,struggling to work out how many calories are in a slice,u have not had anymore than normal.

Reactions: 2 people

MellitusTrap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Lantus is a brand of long acting insulin one might get prescribed to take once a day to give a slow release of insulin over 24 hours.
I was taking a humongous dose and it wasn't getting me back into single digits

24 hours after stopping it (doctors orders), I've lost half a stone in water weight.

Reactions: 2 people

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost 2 stones this year, and was then diagnosed with type 2 in November! I wouldn't like to think what my levels would be like if I hadn't lost that weight though.

Hoping to lose 4 stones in 2016 to bring my blood sugars and blood pressure under control. Another 4 after that would see me back at ideal weight for my height, but I'd be happy with any loss really.

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Around 3 stone overall - another 2 stone and I'll be back to my school rugby days weight wise! That was 40 years ago. Where has that time gone to? And where did all that weight come from?

caliban

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Speeding drivers, they put us all in danger. Guitar players with sqeaky fingers. All i can hear is the **** sqeaks and I turn off.
I lost 1 stone in the last 3 weeks on a low carb eating plan, another 13lbs to go woo hoo.