Healing takes forever!!!

rkeane

Hey,
The other day, I was cooking my dinner and burned my hand. It was only a slight cut but put sudocreme and a plaster on anyway just to be on the safe side. 2 wks later, the LITTLE cut I think has become infected and is quite sore. I am well aware that any healing process takes longer for diabetics but will this be the case for every lillte cut? I now have a quite a red mark around the cut and the cut is only beginning to start healing itself again. Very frfustrating as I think I will now have a slight scar, not to mention having to keep lokking at the stupid cut! My levels are controlled. Last hospital appointment 6.4.

berryheadpie

Dislikes
liver fish and drunks that spit on you when they r taking to you
thats the joy of diabetes i burnt my finger with my hair straightners 3 weeks ago and its just beginning to heal now im gonna b left with a scar too its rubbish eh

howie

got a sports injury, i've pulled some muscle in my foot or something. for some reason i played tennis on it two days in a row making it worse. i've never had any sport injuries before and cant help but think its DB related now, specially as its been hanging round since last week.

though i was under the assumption that without a history of bad control or present high BG levels we should heal like non-DB's?

you guys always had tight control?

rkeane

Yip, have always been between 6 and 6.8. Trying harder again to get them down now. Think infection is going now but I've n doubt it'll take ages to heal. Very frustrating. Anyway thanks for your help. Best of luck x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I keep BG in the 4s and 5s and heal at normal speed. I cut myself on my Mandolin slicer( first time in the 10 years I've had it) Put a plaster on it and it was all healed up in about 10 days.
Hana

howie

yeah i keep in the 4's and 5's. I've not actually cut myself since being DB, but i remember bruising easily when i first came out of hosp probs when my levels were a still a bit high. saying that i just tested my BG's and it says 9.2!!!!! oh sh*t and i can't even go out jogging cos me foot aint 100% yet.