Accuchek Insight

gillsb

My daughter started with this new pump in January after 4 years on Medtronic. Biggest mistake we have ever made!!!!! After 6 months, numerous handsets and replacement pumps she finally threw the towel in when the pump changed its own settings and cut off her background insulin. In the 6 months that have followed Accuchek haven't been at all helpful, The report on the pump is now apparently completed but they seem to be refusing to release it! (Alarm bells ringing). I am finally today in concersation with a Manager and as I am admin on a facebook group "parent of type 1 Uni students" I am also compiling a list of other people with concerns about this pump as it seems we are not alone. Can anyone else let me know their experiences please. I want something done,

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was given the Insight but didn't like it at all. I gave it back to my clinic and after discussion with my DSN was then given an Animas Vibe. I'm very happy with my Vibe and, having seen all the Insight warnings, I'm glad I didn't persist with it.

Have you used the Yellow Card system to report the pump issues? Can your daughter swap to a different pump altogether if the Insight is not suiting her? What have her clinic advised?

Platinum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The previous Accu-chek pump, the Combo, is still available. I have one and it is very good.

I would not go near an Insight!

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been using the insight for 4 months and can honestly say that other than a few cannula problems ( not very good position sites ) I've had no problems, it is my first pump so I have nothing to compare it with and I find the temporary basal rate feature great for work, I went on the pump because of night time lows and thankfully haven't had one since pumping, the handset does seem a bit slow but I don't find it a major problem and I make sure I change the battery on the 1st of the month even if it's still reading as 100%.

Reactions: 5 people

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
sticky by with the insight pump yes it is slow on working out the carb ratios and insulin i cut down on some of the import i.e. meal i do use the meal time log and also the insulin log but when i do small snack i.e. 10 grams use the pump itself very fast and clear as i use i unit of insulin for ten grams in morn
change vial pre filled about 6/7 days more more air in line great improvement still use steel needles have enough for 3 months
even so think they have been withdrawn do to poor batch cannot use teflon you can keep that for frying pans ...
charge handset batteries every 2/3 days
need s updating program to speedup but good on reports if needed
still liked the old combo but air blocks to often may have been me on filling vial
now looking for some sort of small bag to keep things in very good large if needed screen on pump
hope you get pump sorted of sorts yes the combo may suit if you can get one good luck

vic

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had problems... Mine is stuffed in a wooden trunk at bottom of bed. Was told that problems were me being too lean....

Please encourage people on Facebook and anybody with insight problems to log on to the MHRA website and to report the problems. It is no good just reporting to Insight.

The MHRA certainly do look in to faults and safety and make sure patients concerns and queries are recorded and looked into and you will get feedback from the MHRA.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had problems... Mine is stuffed in a wooden trunk at bottom of bed. Was told that problems were me being too lean....

Please encourage people on Facebook and anybody with insight problems to log on to the MHRA website and to report the problems. It is no good just reporting to Insight.

The MHRA certainly do look in to faults and safety and make sure patients concerns and queries are recorded and looked into and you will get feedback from the MHRA.
hi donnellydogs
like the name
did you pay for the insight .or NHS
GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR LOCAL REP
see what they can with it maybe swap for a combo
vic

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
hi donnellydogs
like the name
did you pay for the insight .or NHS
GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR LOCAL REP
see what they can with it maybe swap for a combo
vic

NHS.. I'm better back on MDI. Have got my life back again.

Ps.. Was going to change name... Haven't had my dogs now for over 3 years but think come March I may be able to get a puppy or two.. Or at least thats hubbies suggestion...

Reactions: 2 people