The prescription promise campaign.

C

catherinecherub

Eighteen charities have come together calling on the Prime Minister to keep his promise made in 2008 to abolish prescription charges for people with long term conditions.

This applies to a lot of people and there are some who cannot afford their prescriptions because of the drain on their household budget.

This petition is about all long term conditions including diabetes.

You can sign online here,

http://www.prescriptionpromise.org/

Rushy

Signed and e-mailed my MP too!
While I may get free NHS prescriptions for my condition my daughter, who suffers from Asthma, does not so this is quite close to my heart!

GET INVOLVED PEOPLE!

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Just signed petition. What can you expect from the government.....Full of empty promises to us the public. More bothered about their pay rises and second homes than us the public!! :x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Diabetics on medication et all their medicines free.
Hana

C

catherinecherub

That isn't what it is all about Hana.

There are people with other long term conditions who have to pay for their medication and find it very hard to pay for their prescriptions. If you read the list of the Charities involved and the findings about other groups, i.e. asthmatics, the mentally ill....they need help too.

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
We've already got free precriptions in Wales. Providing your address, the surgery address, and the pharmacy address are all in Wales, which isn't so difficult...

But petition signed in the hope that the English might catch up with us ;-)