Type 2 Bread

zulu7

Can some one please tell me if there is a good alternative to bread , i dont eat a lot of it and when i do it is usually the seeded type.

There is so much conflicting suggestions i find it mind blowing

I am Type 2 and have been for just over three years but but numbers are creaping up.

I would really like to continue controlling T2 by diet but it seems that that is just wishful thinking.

Can any one suggest something

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome,

If, as you say, you don't eat a lot of it, why do you need an alternative? If the bread you do eat spikes your BS then if I were you, I would stop eating it completely. It sounds like you won't miss it very much.

Many people on here, including myself, find the Lidl high protein rolls are fine as far as BS are concerned. I slice mine in half and have one half toasted with loads of butter. When eaten as part of a meal they do nothing to my BS levels. Really nice with a fry-up or with eggs or cheese, and they freeze well.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. All bread raises blood sugar. Wholegrain bread reduces spikes a bit but the carbs are the same overall. If you can avoid it then do so.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try googling Low Carb Bread and bake your own. It can take some trial and error finding one you like but once you do its a great alternative. My father likes the Almond and Flaxmeal bread, he says it tastes like Burgen while I prefer a plain Almond Loaf.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the wife a non diabetic hates bread and eats a Ryvita Dark Rye Crisp Bread
when she needs something to pile salad on .. will go and see how many carbs they have... 6.7 per slice Think I will stick to my bread :)

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The lidl protein rolls are great! I slice mine ( carefully!) into four, works out at 2.3 grams carbs. Lovely toasted x

Reactions: 2 people