Hypos

Jackie006

Does anyone find that they can go for days without hypos and then end up having a couple in one day I have had 3 today I have been running round a lot so I assume this probably has something to do with it help please

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Certainly @Jackie006, sometimes I can go for a couple of weeks and not have a hypo then have 2-3 in one day, such is the nature of diabetes.

Running around being busy is another form of exercise which can lead to hypo's, either reduce your bolus doses if you know you going to be busy or take on board some extra carbs. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Crikey - this made me consult my diary. Haven't knowingly been below 4 for 7 weeks - I suppose I'll get 3 in a day now!

KarenAdamson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After having a hypo it makes you more prone to more hypos that day. Not sure if it's because your body is using some of your carbs to restock the glycogen in your liver
following a hypo or not

Steph Whatley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This happens with me as well... I can go days with good blood sugar readings then out of nowhere I have a low without any explanation at all... And it really scares and annoys the hell out of me! Have recently caught a cold as well and am thinking this is affecting my blood sugar as well...