Low carb high protein lidl rolls

Abbiec12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Wow! I've just tried one of these for the first time today and I'm utterly impressed!! So tasty! And I couldn't believe how little insulin I needed for it, amazing! Thank you every one for recommending :)

Does anyone know a recipe for these at all please? Would be great to be able to make them at home. Thanks again

Reactions: 2 people

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are lovely toasted, and as I've said before, lay one flat, put your hand flat on top, take a sharp bread knife and carefully cut the very top off. I get four slices using this technique but go slow!

Abbiec12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'll defiantly have to try that! Sounds lovely :) thanks a lot!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mash some avocado into both halves of a sliced roll....season with a little salt and pepper and shallow fry in butter (avocado side down) until slightly browned and crispy....delicious :)

Reactions: 5 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
My Christmas brekkie will be a lidl protein roll cut across then spread with full fat Philadelphia topped with smoked salmon. (With a glass of Prosecco!)

Reactions: 6 people

lizzycat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! I've just tried one of these for the first time today and I'm utterly impressed!! So tasty! And I couldn't believe how little insulin I needed for it, amazing! Thank you every one for recommending :)

Does anyone know a recipe for these at all please? Would be great to be able to make them at home. Thanks again
I must try these, are they on the fresh bread section Or with the packaged bread?

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
They're in the fresh bread section in one of the baskets. They are triangular in shape, so you can't miss them. Enjoy..:)

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
I looked for these yesterday in my local Lidl but there weren't any - perhaps someone had been in and bought them all up! What do they actually look like?

mophead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I looked for these yesterday in my local Lidl but there weren't any - perhaps someone had been in and bought them all up! What do they actually look like?
Triangular,dark brown,seeded top..found in the in house bakery section.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@dipakotak posted a picture in the 'alternative to bread' thread:
LIDL rolls.jpg

Attachments

• lidl rolls.jpg
    lidl rolls.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,112