What do we love/hate/like about this festive time ..

K

Kat100

I hate the pressure ... To conform ...
I like being cosy with Christmas tv
I love seeing cold frosty winter days ..

I will think of lots more .. Hope I get a bit of help though .. Goodwill gestures and all that ;)

Reactions: 12 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Have always loved Christmas....
hate being diabetic and can not eat what I like but have to put up with it I guess
Love watching all the Christmas films on TV.
Love buying presents.
Hate wrapping presents.
Used t love seeing the children and grand children's faces when they opened their presents.

Reactions: 10 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I hate the pressure ... To conform ...
I like being cosy with Christmas tv
I love seeing cold frosty winter days ..

I will think of lots more .. Hope I get a bit of help though .. Goodwill gestures and all that ;)

SNAP x

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
People being on their own, especially the old and the vulnerable, it really breaks my heart to know that 100's and 1,000's are just left.....................
The homeless........................

Frost or a light dusting of snow, makes me have a big smile on my face, brings back happy childhood memories :joyful:

Reactions: 12 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I can't stand it...commercial rubbish evolved from a mish-mash of pagan religion, inaccurate dates regarding Christian past, custom through changing centuries and...the goodwill of shop-keepers and large corporations to get us to part with money we don't have. I would love one parent, just one, to give their kids nothing for being naughty! Okay, I'm joking about that bit. I stopped celebrating it nearly 30 years ago and have never regretted it. Also, I heard that Santa and the elves peed in the mince pies last year.

Reactions: 10 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't stand it...commercial rubbish evolved from a mish-mash of pagan religion, inaccurate dates regarding Christian past, custom through changing centuries and...the goodwill of shop-keepers and large corporations to get us to part with money we don't have. I would love one parent, just one, to give their kids nothing for being naughty! Okay, I'm joking about that bit. I stopped celebrating it nearly 30 years ago and have never regretted it. Also, I heard that Santa and the elves peed in the mince pies last year.

Lol x I'm a bit "bah humbug" I'm afraid. Christmas loses it's appeal when the kids and grandkids aren't young any more and the parents are gone. I've done my share of stressing over Christmas Dinner and presents for all of them. Now I just bung some money (not much) in an envelope for the ones that are still not out working and earning their own money. Don't see much of them anyway and lucky if I even get a "thank you" from some.

I've often thought of just sending the over-indulged grandkids a card with a note in saying "You have donated to a child who won't get anything this year" and doing just that. Bet it wouldn't go down too well though but it's tempting.

I'm not even dusting off the tree this year. What's the point? Nobody's coming and it will just be him and me like any other day. He'll stuff his face and then fall asleep in front of some awful program on the TV. I'll be playing on here or watching something equally mind-numbing. Or we may be visiting a sick relative in his Care Home. For the last 2 Christmases we've done it because the rest of the family have visitors or going out for lunch.

You'd laugh but we have a TV each in the same room. I got so fed up with Jeremy Clarkson and Storage Wars and ... well you know and he would moan if I wanted an old movie or reality show so I got myself a small TV and some headphones which I have next to the computer and watch anything I like :D It's a big room and we're at opposite ends of it so it works well ...lol.

I think your excitement at snow is in inverse proportion to your age :D

Miserable old moo aint I? (blush)

Reactions: 15 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hate the build up to Christmas and the pressure to conform as @Kat100 says above, actually enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but the rest of the holidays is pointless, especially New Years Eve.

Reactions: 7 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I like Christmas I like a few nice glasses of port on Christmas Day night when it has quietened down

Reactions: 11 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The fact that I was jogging in a shop to the xmas carol songs without realising it and a lovely young lad started to jig with me!! Old enough to be his mother but it broke the ice and had lovely pleasant laughter in the queue!

Reactions: 14 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm a bah humbug.

Reactions: 8 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I get really fed up with the repeated endless adverts ... Sigh :grumpy:
Buy a ruddy sofa , television,computer,x boxes,booze, etc
Nowt but commercial pressure thrown at us all .
Thank goodness for this forum during the adverts ;):)
I can escape what adverts are shown on the telly regardless
of which channel .
Why are they on most at the same time ?
So frustrating :mad:

I prefer the new year as all the xmas madness is finally behind us .
The shopping , wrapping, rush to get all things bought, cooked, wrapped etc .
Finding an ideal parking space , do battle with the crowds in stores .

Then xmas day and boxing day we are doing the rounds with family .
Deploying gifts and good wishes to all .

This new year we are having at home quietly .
Watch a good film - hopefully?
Then watch big ben chime in the new year .
Less stress and more enjoyable for us both . :)

Reactions: 14 people
K

Kat100

I get really fed up with the repeated endless adverts ... Sigh :grumpy:
Buy a ruddy sofa , television,computer,x boxes,booze, etc
Nowt but commercial pressure thrown at us all .
Thank goodness for this forum during the adverts ;):)
I can escape what adverts are shown on the telly regardless
of which channel .
Why are they on most at the same time ?
So frustrating :mad:

I prefer the new year as all the xmas madness is finally behind us .
The shopping , wrapping, rush to get all things bought, cooked, wrapped etc .
Finding an ideal parking space , do battle with the crowds in stores .

Then xmas day and boxing day we are doing the rounds with family .
Deploying gifts and good wishes to all .

This new year we are having at home quietly .
Watch a good film - hopefully?
Then watch big ben chime in the new year .
Less stress and more enjoyable for us both . :)
We should just make gifts and keep it simple .. Don't know what I would make though .. Can't knit or sew .. I am thinking now, what would I make I like watching Big Ben on New Year's Eve , putting fresh flowers in the house looking forward to the year ahead ..and the good films X

K

Kat100

Lol x I'm a bit "bah humbug" I'm afraid. Christmas loses it's appeal when the kids and grandkids aren't young any more and the parents are gone. I've done my share of stressing over Christmas Dinner and presents for all of them. Now I just bung some money (not much) in an envelope for the ones that are still not out working and earning their own money. Don't see much of them anyway and lucky if I even get a "thank you" from some.

I've often thought of just sending the over-indulged grandkids a card with a note in saying "You have donated to a child who won't get anything this year" and doing just that. Bet it wouldn't go down too well though but it's tempting.

I'm not even dusting off the tree this year. What's the point? Nobody's coming and it will just be him and me like any other day. He'll stuff his face and then fall asleep in front of some awful program on the TV. I'll be playing on here or watching something equally mind-numbing. Or we may be visiting a sick relative in his Care Home. For the last 2 Christmases we've done it because the rest of the family have visitors or going out for lunch.

You'd laugh but we have a TV each in the same room. I got so fed up with Jeremy Clarkson and Storage Wars and ... well you know and he would moan if I wanted an old movie or reality show so I got myself a small TV and some headphones which I have next to the computer and watch anything I like :D It's a big room and we're at opposite ends of it so it works well ...lol.

I think your excitement at snow is in inverse proportion to your age :D

Miserable old moo aint I? (blush)
Yes I think Christmas must be for children , but they should say thank you x two tv,s lol X I would go with the old movie X

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

Leave the mince pies alone ;)

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

Have always loved Christmas....
hate being diabetic and can not eat what I like but have to put up with it I guess
Love watching all the Christmas films on TV.
Love buying presents.
Hate wrapping presents.
Used t love seeing the children and grand children's faces when they opened their presents.
I am hopeless at wrapping X
Love the Christmas films