Raw for 30 days

Dislikes
When it's not Giro day, Tom.
Castrol GTX as recommended by 'carefix'.
hi jack,
The second video on your link shows a man claiming to have become "free" from type 1 diabetes.

That's quite a claim jack.

all the best.

P.S God bless america :mrgreen:

stabatha

:roll: was that a pig i just saw fly past?. It's downright dangerous for a Type 1 to believe they could be cured by eating raw for 30 days .Our own bodies don't produce insulin ,or enough of it to maintain life, thats why we need so many injections,I don't inject because I enjoy it, I do it so I don't die.
No diet is going to reverse the process that caused us to become diabetic in the first place, or make our bodies suddenly be able to make our own insulin. :(

jackbeard

Sorry but I thought the was directed at type 2 only. Type 2 being in some cases also insulin dependent. The MD who oversaw the test - Dr. Gabriel Cousins has written a number of books on the subject and refers specifically to type 2 diabetes.

Anyhow, I do believe type 1's can benefit from this diet as in the case of my work colleague who has changed his diet to about 80% raw vegan and is now able to inject much less insulin as a result. He's been type 1 since childhood.

I myself have been on this diet for 9 months now and in that time have not taken the drugs prescribed to me, Metformin etc. but my sugar levels, touch wood, are normal. I've also lost tonnes of weight in the process and so naturally I'm over the moon.

Jack

stabatha

I've no doubt that this diet would help by keeping blood sugars down , but then any diet low in carbs would. It's the claims of being cured that got to me, because if it was that easy we would all be doing it. Just because a type 2 may get by without the need for injections (as they do produce some insulin, unlike type 1s) doesn't mean they are no longer diabetic, it just means they are not eating enough carbs or sugar to reqire the extra insulin. I Wish it were true though I,d love to be cured, as I know everyone else would. I eat a low carb diet anyway, so I am not on very high doses of insulin unlike some, but I still have to inject even if I dont eat much as I would become very ill if I stopped them alltogether. We can keep hoping though that eventually they will find a cure in the near future :D