Victoza

harry_77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am changing to victoza today and am very nervous. I stopped taking 3mg of repaglinide yesterday and all i have done this morning is shake wondering if this is cold turkey as have been on repaglinide for about the last ten years. Or is it the anxiety of changing to something new

mollycat1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
can`t think of any !
I`ve been on Victoza for 5 years and have found that it suits me fine - I lost a couple of stone and now maintain that weight loss which is ideal. I did feel quite `sickly` when I first started this drug but `stick` with it if you can. I am type 1 but because diabetes is a progressive chronic illness and my BS were slighty raised I am now also having a very low dose of Lantus too. I have a twin sister who has been a type 1 since she was 5 years old - she has had many complications, including a lower limb amputation so I know only too well how careful we must be to stay safe and in control ! Not sure about your reaction today harry but hope you stay well !

harry_77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have had first dose now feeling quite sick and have heartburn but had that before taking it. Hoping this will go away soon glad i got first over and done with doesnt seem as daunting as was first time of injecting. Only time will tell thank you for replying. I know this well also as lost my mum to this horrible disease feel time is right to get my self sorted. Have been anxious as i have had to wait 8 weeks from initial appointment til today.

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi

Dont know if it is me but i have gained 4 kilos whilst on this medication my sugar has stayed the same and i have now had metformine and Forixga added to inuslin as well

harry_77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear that it didnt work for you. So far i have lost 1/2 a stone and have been on it 6 weeks it totally has eradicatd my cravings for carbs but still have my weak moments will see whether it has had any effect on hba1c in january