Does over eating give you Type 2 diabetes or does diabetes make you over eat

Cl1ve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/co...entinform-links=yes&legid=diacare;dc15-0750v1

This is a new paper by Professor Roy Taylor at Newcastle university, a nondiabetic group, the control, and a diabetic group was matched for sex,age and weight, and they then underwent gastric bypass, after 8 weeks they were studied. Both groups lost the same amount of weight, 12% and 13% , but only the diabetic group lost substantial amount of fat from the pancreas. The non-diabetic did not lose that much fat from the pancreas. So the reason for diabetes is excess fat in the wrong places. However we do not know how to pinpoint that pancreatic fat, so the only way to get rid of it, is to lose weight in general. This is a monumental paper. It alsp explains why thin people can get diabetes type 2, since they have only gotten fat in their pancreas.

Hi . I did read about this research and found it very interesting . I'm thin myself so it is one explanation about why I have diabetes . The paper I read also went on to say that if they could fine a way to target weight lose in the pancreas it would only take a lose of only one gram of fat to get the pancreas to work properly again but that at the moment it was a long way of
Clive

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi ickihun . Your case could be one where an early diagnosis could have caught your diabetes before you started putting on weight
Hope all is well now and how is your weight going if OK to ask
Clive
Sorry Clive I've just spotted your reply.
I've lost weight in the past by starvation. Herbalife milk shakes or under counter appetite suppressants. Excessive exercise at one point too. I've got 3 stone lighter but never stayed off.
I'm doing lchf and sugars are good with very slow fluculating weight gain/loss. Not sure how much resistance I have due to the underactive thyroid.
A professor in St Thomas's hospital London allowed me to be 15 and a half stone to go on his ivf programme. Metformin trials helped me at the time with appetite suppressants which both got stopped a month before hand. Hence I added 2 stone throughout cycle and it failed.
Metformin for pcos not diabetes. Some might argue that that treatment disguised diabetes. I was never tested for diabetes til I changed gp practice.
Going on Insulin this year added only 6lb due to implementing lchf diet at the same time.
I was taking nearly 140units of insulin per day now 64units at mo. Due to canagliflozin 100mgs to help and perfecting the lchf diet.
I've since lost the gained 6lb and just a few more. However Rome wasn't built in a day! :)

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Something I wonder. Why when type2s de-stress they can exercise their way to weight loss. Diet counteracted by meds or not if diet agrees with them anyway.
I wonder what percentage is human error. As there has to be some when collating diagnosis.
Also hoe much is down to foetus not developed enough to take the carb lifestyle. How many of us were born premature?
Maybe we have broken the bodies mechanisms and will never be able to fix it.
Of course we all want a cure but it's important to enjoy the life we have now but without being too reckless.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Be happy and get out and enjoy your life. Yes we have diabetes but life goes on! ;-)

Cl1ve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi .i seam to have lost weight without trying . im 11 stone so dont need to loose any . i sometimes wonder why some people have to try really hard and some people can without any effort . i guess one day we will find out . hope your efforts go well and merry christmass
Clive

Reactions: 3 people