Helpful Apps

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Hi does anybody use any smartphone apps that are actually any good for recording BG, meds and insulin?

I travel the world with work so a diary is no for me, something that is perhaps backed up with a web/Windows app would also be good any ideas/recommendations?

cz_dave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found MyFitnessPal useful to track what I ate when I needed to get insight into my diet.

Reactions: 2 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Rapidcalc is good but not free and there is Dafne online app that may help you whish is free

MellitusTrap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using diabetes uk tracker for iPhone
Not super fancy like others out there, but it's free and simple enough for me to use

22688939e89f5b80646c42f91d6d7d38.jpg

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I recommend two apps: most of all DiaConnect (clear layout, you can see the whole day, great graphs for each day and over time). Also MySugr, wh has slightly crowded, busy display, but you can write notes, wh I use for recording meals and/or why funny things happened. Great stats and analysis. Grsphs a lot less good.

Both of these give you a lot of analysis and are really useful.

maryjey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have tested quite a few apps. The best for me is BG Monitor Pro (the paid version has a few addded features but the free one is good too) It's an Android app. I don't use the food tracking feature but for recording BGs and insulin is the fastest and most intuitive. It can calculate your bolus, remind you to check BG etc. and you can back up the data and send it to Dropbox.

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Thanks for everyone's input much appreciated I'm gonna try a few and see which suits me again thanks for the help

RogerRam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I use an Accu-Chek Mobile blood-sugar monitor. I can connect it to my Mac using a mini USB cable but do any of these apps allow input from your computer-I can't be bothered to input manually. I have found one on the App Store called 'Diabetes Pal' but it seems to require 2 purchases-one for the phone & another for the Mac

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
I have the same meter but never utilised the usb I only used it as being an engineer it allowed me to use the meter without carrying and handling strips whilst I'm out on a rig.

worrywart

I've trial tested virtually all of the apps available for IOS on the app store and ive come to the conclusion that there are two which stand out above the rest:
DiabeteApp and MyNetDiary Diabetes. Both of these let you track net carbs at meals, have a database of foods, track insulin and track blood glucose through entered readings. Neither is perfect but from my trials i think MyNetDiary has a slight edge because you can add custom foods and then manipulate weight for each time you eat. DiabetesApp although allows you to add custom foods, once a specific weight/serving size is entered it becomes difficult or impossible to change it if you vary the weight from day to day.
Alas there is no perfect solution that i've found

RogerRam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know whether any of these apps will let you enter results from your meter via a USB cable?

Perhaps I just need to try the DiabetesPal that I think will link to my Accu-Chek.

RogerRam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Apologies, this is all a bit Apple-Centric!

As an update I've just bought DiabetesPal from the Apple App Store & DiabetesPal app from the iTunes App Store. They connect via USB to a range of Accu-Chek & Bayer Meters. It was easy to download the meter data to my Mac, & with iCloud Sync to my iPhone & my Watch all the data is together.

There is space for entering insulin injections, & notes about carbs & exercise, plus you can enter your targets for blood-sugar levels etc. Best of all for me I can see where my average highs & lows tend to be. There is no info about carb content or suggestions about what you should inject, so no guidance. I didn't want that anyway.

There is stacks of data analysis that is exactly what I wanted. For me the 2 apps get a Five Star-Excellent Rating