Diet only
here is today:

Back to proper control. :couchpotato:
1 x decaf with cream
1 x tea
1 x broth with cream
1 x crustless quiche portion
1 x tea
and I have just eaten 2 squares 70% choc, but it hasn't hit my bloodsteam yet. would expect it to rise about 1mmol/l and then fall back.

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
here is today:

1 x decaf with cream
1 x tea
1 x broth with cream
1 x tea
and I have just eaten 2 squares 70% choc, but it hasn't hit my bloodsteam yet. would expect it to rise about 1mmol/l and then fall back.

Flatlined!

Reactions: 2 people

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
here is today:

1 x decaf with cream
1 x tea
1 x broth with cream
1 x tea
Wow, that is impressive! I would love to be that controlled!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
V
here is today:

1 x decaf with cream
1 x tea
1 x broth with cream
1 x tea

Very impressive!!!!

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow amazing. Would be so interesting to see how the curves would be by everyone at this forum

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Brun,
Do you feel this is a tool to get your Hba1c below 42?
regards
D.
Excellent results btw

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not an RH suffere, and my Hba1c has (aside from a single diagnostic iteration) below 42, but this gizmo certainly is a tool to help go to or remain below 42.

For me, getting control was relatively simple (maybe I forget some bumps in the road of course), but finding a way to live long term, in safe limits is as much a challenge, and this gizmo helps with a deeper understanding of where the lumps and bumps in the graphs are. That can then guide us as to how often we can consider transgressing, or indeed whether we need to be as hard line with ourselves as we think.

Obviously it can also confirm the only practical way forward is to be strict. But with knowledge each decision can be risk assessed more robustly.

I love the Libre.

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Brun,
Do you feel this is tool to get your Hba1c below 42?
regards
D.
Excellent results btw

I want a normal HbA1c. Comfortably and consistently below Pre-D. That is my goal.
Actually, I need to update my sig. At the mo the comment says something like 'my A1c is 42 which, considering my DP is OK'

The Libre has taught me differently. I don't have a big DP, what I have is a minimum comfortable bg of about 5.2 (which is higher than I would like, but nothing seems to shift it lower) and then I scoot around in the 6s nearly all day, and blip up to the 7s for maybe half an hour after any carbs at all. That is a narrow window, but it seems to work for me.

But to answer your question, YES, I think the Libre is the best tool I have come across to get my A1c lower.

With a couple of provisos.
Firstly, sensor accuracy. This way of eating that I am doing hasn't changed in months, except for the couple of 'tests' I have done (burger, chips and digestives). The Libre is telling me that based on the last week, my projected A1c is around 35.

Yet my last actual A1c was 42.

So quite a discrepency there. Which is the second proviso. Could be any number of reasons. Maybe I am a fast glycator. Maybe a touch anaemia (not likely!), or maybe the tests don't match because of test or sensor innaccuracy.

Shrug.
I think all you (I) can do is say the lower the better, and then do my best!

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The mince pies have landed.

They are from our local butchers, and they are sublime.
Pastry base. Good quality mincemeat. Crumble topping.
Astonishingly good.

They keep looking at me.
But I am going to ignore them today.

Maybe have 2 tomorrow. The other 4 will disappear into Mr B so fast they don't hit the sides.

:D

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The mince pies have landed.

They are from our local butchers, and they are sublime.
Pastry base. Good quality mincemeat. Crumble topping.
Astonishingly good.

They keep looking at me.
But I am going to ignore them today.

Maybe have 2 tomorrow. The other 4 will disappear into Mr B so fast they don't hit the sides.

:D

Hope, they are worth it!

Hope it's all for scientific research!

Reactions: 3 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"What I have is a minimum comfortable bg of about 5.2 (which is higher than I would like, but nothing seems to shift it lower) and then I scoot around in the 6s nearly all day, and blip up to the 7s for maybe half an hour after any carbs at all.
You'n'me both, if I read my Codefree right, although the Libre might say different, as you point out. I'm on the waiting list to get in the queue for one, I think. Well done so far.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You'n'me both, if I read my Codefree right, although the Libre might say different, as you point out. I'm on the waiting list to get in the queue for one, I think. Well done so far.

I have wondered if it is because I am obese, with significant insulin resistance.

But you aren't, are you @DeejayR ?

I guess we are just special. :woot:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am obese, with significant insulin resistance.
But you aren't, are you
No, but I think of myself as a TOFI (thin outside, fat inside in the important little places, like embracing my pancreas in a bear hug perhaps) which might add up to the same thing?
Yes, we're all special, of course.

Reactions: 9 people

lindisfel

Expert
My dear wife made some mince pies for the family but up to now I have restrained myself.

Thats another Brownie point, I'll have to get a few minus points or I will be seriously unbalance. :)/;)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Brun,
Very interesting with your Libre results (excluding mince pies :) ) one would expect an Hba1c in the upper 30s.
best wishes
Derek
PS perhaps some of us hang on to our blood cells longer due to our genetic inheritance?
Have you thought of trying to get the other glycation test that just covers two weeks.
Forget its name but its expensive?
I want a normal HbA1c. Comfortably and consistently below Pre-D. That is my goal.
Actually, I need to update my sig. At the mo the comment says something like 'my A1c is 42 which, considering my DP is OK'

The Libre has taught me differently. I don't have a big DP, what I have is a minimum comfortable bg of about 5.2 (which is higher than I would like, but nothing seems to shift it lower) and then I scoot around in the 6s nearly all day, and blip up to the 7s for maybe half an hour after any carbs at all. That is a narrow window, but it seems to work for me.

But to answer your question, YES, I think the Libre is the best tool I have come across to get my A1c lower.

With a couple of provisos.
Firstly, sensor accuracy. This way of eating that I am doing hasn't changed in months, except for the couple of 'tests' I have done (burger, chips and digestives). The Libre is telling me that based on the last week, my projected A1c is around 35.

Yet my last actual A1c was 42.

So quite a discrepency there. Which is the second proviso. Could be any number of reasons. Maybe I am a fast glycator. Maybe a touch anaemia (not likely!), or maybe the tests don't match because of test or sensor innaccuracy.

Shrug.
I think all you (I) can do is say the lower the better, and then do my best!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Brunneria I find your discovery fascinating in that since I dropped my carb level (about 4 months ago) I have found my baseline and fasting have risen from the 4.8-5.2 to 5.4-5.8 so maybe you just have physiological insulin resistance so your muscles do not consume the glucose.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria maybe you just have physiological insulin resistance so your muscles do not consume the glucose.

Having just looked it up in several sources, i think it is a dead cert!

Thank you!

Another mystery solved. :D

- and my baseline does drop if I have a few carby days. So that reinforces the theory.