Weight loss!!️

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I thought I would start my first post on a positive note!

I'm 18 and was diagnosed with type 1 when I was 8. Last year I switched from insulin injections to the Omnipod.

At the begging of the year my hba1c was 9.4% and I weighed 10 stone.

My hba1c is now 7.6% and I weigh a little bit over 8 stone. Meaning I've lost nearly 2 stone this year.

Still have a little way to go but I'm feeling so much healthier and I'm so happy with my progress!!

411dc1ff8e197405b6d9d6ea7748fdff.jpg
69a2b13c357f1932438f732e6355b6bd.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's really good with both the HbA1c and losing weight and you look great.
What did you do to lose the weight or did you do anything at all?
Well done:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you! :) I just kept my blood sugar in better control, did more blood tests and monitored myself more carefully etc, and the weight came off really quick! The omnipod definitely helped a lot :)

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i got told i put on weight on the pump, so i am going to make sure to check more often, and eat a bit more cleaner and join a gym or something :3 restarting my pump after xmas -,-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think that the pump doesn't work for everyone, depends how it fits in with your life. I found that it's all about getting into good habits, Good luck!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Very well done on your weight loss and HbA1c :)

I started on the Omnipod back in Feb of this year and can't praise it enough.

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done, usually transitioning from our teenage years to our twenties can be tough. Good for you taking responsibility for it.

The thing is, with this condition the only way to be is permanently engrossed in it to stay on top of it, like a sports person training for optimum performance. It's hard work and takes a lot of understanding, you already know this.

You've already started to reap the benefits, feeling healthier and staying in trim. Well done :)

Reactions: 2 people

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think that the pump doesn't work for everyone, depends how it fits in with your life. I found that it's all about getting into good habits, Good luck!
insulin is a hormone so you do put weight on with it so it was nothing to worry about, i just need to balance that out and make sure to eat better :D