Hot flushes-anyone ketogenic to control it- advice from all types welcome

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OMG someone help me before I lose it big time at the gym. I've turned into this horrible sweaty mouth breather before I even start my workout.
The doctor has changed my Hrt tablets and doubled the dose.
I was in a murderous rage in spin class this morning dealing with a flush and **** air conditioning.
I lchf but am wondering whether to go ketogenic again.
I could heat a block of flats - my gym kit is wet through and my head is sweaty!
I'm steaming up my own glasses.

Reactions: 2 people

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This isn't the same but I recently had `age related` hot flushes and two things helped me with they symptoms, the first was an aerosol can of water (Evian I think) which sprayed on my forehead, back of neck and wrists really took the heat off and the second was a plain old Japanese style hand held fan (at home!) My mum gave me a sandlewood one which was my favorite. I do hope you feel better soon. X

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your reply. That can sounds like a good idea.
One of my gym friends gave me a Japanese fan this morning. Can't use that in the bike but the can is definitely doable - the class is one of those new dangled in the dark with disco lights so no one would notice the mad woman.
I've got my fan in my bag now. Im going to get a couple of cans now.

Thanks again Carolyn_Lesley

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi loving life, I'll have a look at the sage supplement cheers. I'd wear garlic round me neck at the mo if I thought that'd help.
Thank you

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not after losing weight but ask me again after Christmas Day! Cheese, nuts and cream! It's the sweats I'm trying to get rid of that are brought on when I train. As soon as I start I'm a hot sweaty mess. Seriously sweaty head, dripping down my face and clothes wet through and that's just the warm up. I scare people!
Thanks for the link. Going to investigate now.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I should also add this is to save my partners life. I'm turning into a complete harridan.