Moderation on diabetes.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kat100

Oh I've no intention of leaving the forum. I enjoy myself. I give & gain in equal measure. And, the politics doesn't bother me anymore. But, if it did, I'd walk. I pick my battles, & can't see the point of fighting a battle that I can never win. After all, the forum rules state "Moderator decisions are final and not up for discussion." So, why would I stress myself out by trying to change a directive that is entrenched in the forum philosophy. Changes of that nature are management driven. Apart from that, My time is too valuable, so I'll carry on as I am, thanks very much. Kind of you to give your opinion for me to review though. Or perhaps you were trying to goad me. If so, wooooosh!! That was the sound of it going right over the top of my head. Noble battles to fight.
Never be made to feel you have to back down by bullies .. So easy to leave a place...Due to sometimes the behaviour of others ..
Hope you don't mind me saying this .. I was just thinking of examples .. Not putting them here though , well I might after Christmas I like your time is valuable .. So true .. Take care .. X

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @sanguine,

I've edited my post to, hopefully, remove any ambiguity. Perhaps my sarcasm was too subtle. ;) Most unusual for a Geordie. o_O No offence meant. Well, maybe a little at the time. :oops: But perhaps we both picked each other up the wrong way. May you & yours have a wonderfully happy Christmas.

I have to confess, @Alisonjane10 the use of the term 'do one' if I wasn't from a region that uses that term affectionately I would have also thought you were about to leave.

Just shows how things we say can be misunderstood.
Glad you cleared it up.
:)

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Trust .. Now that's a hard one .. Not intended to offend anyone in particular though .. Because it's Christmas and it can be a time to reflect ..

I once was given a leading question by a moderator .. I don't think I was alone ..
You see you think you trust moderators .. Well I did ..

I followed that star ..the star pointing me in one direction ..

It was a strange journey .. I thought I was still here helping out this stable .. Helping a shinning light ..
But no I was lead to a place of darkness and dislike .. (for me it was )

There was back stabbing and dislike .. I felt very alarmed ..

I left as soon as I could , I was sad and lonely . I felt very let down ..

But now I know how mislead I was .. It was an awful experience .. One I should never of been put in ..

That's just part of my story ..
My donkey made a very quick exit from that journey I followed .. The light went out, there was no golden star to follow at all ..
We each have our own journey ..that's only right ..but not to be used .. Or laughed at ..

But how did I get the pathway to follow that star .. Well that's a worry ..

Moderation at its worse .. An awful time I had .. So who monitors the wise who are sent to protect us ..

Yes a new brighter future .. To review and change ..all for the better ..

Last edited:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi @sanguine,

I've edited my post to, hopefully, remove any ambiguity. Perhaps my sarcasm was too subtle. ;) Most unusual for a Geordie. o_O No offence meant. Well, maybe a little at the time. :oops: But perhaps we both picked each other up the wrong way. May you & yours have a wonderfully happy Christmas.

No problem Alison, and the same wishes to you. Well done on that 31 HbA1c by the way :)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Guys,
I have been on a number of different forums and found members behave better when their is light touch moderation.
As a relatively newish poster here, is there a reference to the forum rules on site and who the Mods are?
It would seem reasonable and is normal procedure.
Some forums have odd rules, one I was on was an American non political site and the word Bush was proscribed so some called him shrubbery to get round the auto deletion.
Another, when talking of human specie would not allow the genus homo to be mentioned.
It deleted the generic name of the different human species!
One found it all rather amusing, but it is nice to know what the ground rules on any forum are that one is on.
regards
D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
there was a topic about lancashire ages ago and sumone mentioned cheese,,,i replied with a wallace and gromit quote and a mod deleted it,,i asked why and got a official warning sayin i entered a thread to cause trouble!! moderation is ott on here and makes me hardly want 2 post after that

Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol. @freddy2 & @Simon84

I posted a pictorial joke about injecting at the table at the last supper.. "One of you will betray me.. It's the needlephobic."
Satire can get deleted... o_O

I love the interT banter. & there is some great advice on carbs too.. I feel if a mod finds some humour could be "near the knuckle"? PM the participant/s & check out the nature it was intended. I apreciate we have different tastes & moderation styles can reflect on this..

Humour is how some of us survive.. :D

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One of my brushes with a mod came when that mod answered a poster's question incorrectly (factually incorrect that is, not an opinion). I had the gall to correct that mod, very politely, then found my post deleted, got a warning, but the mod's post remained. I don't think the mod meant to give incorrect advice, I think it was just incorrect use of the English language, but it was very misleading to the OP, and was not amended. I have seen this happen before. Mods need to be prepared to be challenged or corrected. If they can't take the heat they must stay out of the kitchen.

Reactions: 8 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not that I would, but if I were to call the t1's who want a separate forum for themselves "Ignorant Pigs" I would get banned and my post deleted, but apparently its ok for them to call me "White Noise" and carry on regardless......is this fair, I think not.

Reactions: 9 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not that I would, but if I were to call the t1's who want a separate forum for themselves "Ignorant Pigs" I would get banned and my post deleted, but apparently its ok for them to call me "White Noise" and carry on regardless......is this fair, I think not.

When a T2 makes a compassionate prompt response to a T1's worries in a thread, even if it's just to let them know they are acknowledged until another T1 comes along, These derogatory comments from a T1 are hurtful..

I do find myself saddened by these comments...

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Time for a group hug? I'll hug anyone.

Satindoll how rude to be called "white noise". Definitely not fair. As a T1 I welcome advice from any type knowing that I would check it out as well.

K

Kat100

Time for a group hug? I'll hug anyone.

Satindoll how rude to be called "white noise". Definitely not fair. As a T1 I welcome advice from any type knowing that I would check it out as well.
Hug back ((( ))) a supportive intervention I like .. For all ..
Hug button required ;)

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm a lchf t1. I have long arms, live with a t2, dad was t2, umpteen of his brothers and sisters were t2. 4 of us cousins are t1. 2 of us diagnosed in our 20s, one when he was 46. Dads mum was t2. Her mum was t1- died before insulin.
All the t2's were slim on diagnosis. My dad was definitely not lazy. He trained like he was still boxing - the bare knuckle type.
Don't kick me out the forum cos I'm t1. Please!!!!!!!! I like it here.

K

Kat100

I'm a lchf t1. I have long arms, live with a t2, dad was t2, umpteen of his brothers and sisters were t2. 4 of us cousins are t1. 2 of us diagnosed in our 20s, one when he was 46. Dads mum was t2. Her mum was t1- died before insulin.
All the t2's were slim on diagnosis. My dad was definitely not lazy. He trained like he was still boxing - the bare knuckle type.
All types welcome I thought lol

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

No problem MrsV, I know lots of t1's on here who are wonderful people, its just the odd one or two who make life unpleasant for the rest of us,

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

No problem MrsV, I know lots of t1's on here who are wonderful people, its just the odd one or two who make life unpleasant for the rest of us,
It's always just the few ....
I would like to know who is who using different names at the same time ..
Discussed in the admin thread yesterday ..

freddy2

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
when we post, there is an ISP number shown to admin, it's just a matter of matching the number and there is a search function for that. but even if they use an ISP mask, you can pick up the patterns

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's always just the few ....
I would like to know who is who using different names at the same time ..
Discussed in the admin thread yesterday ..
It wouldn't be right to publicize it though. Until this Summer having more than one Id was perfectly acceptable according to the rules.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Consistency and fairness is all I really want from them. It really must be a thankless task.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.