for some reason?

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i was given a pump without the consultant permission but the dietitian/nurses said it was fine, they didn't see the consultant as it was the day after my appointment that they were doing the pump therapy group sessions.

So i got the insight pump and a week and 3 days later my sugars went hi as on mdi it was 15-17 constantly but for some reason on the pump straight away i noticed alot of low sugars my average was 4-8, my main concern is now the consultant wants to see me on the 28th but im worried he may try and take it of me?

My nurses told me not to use the pump as i had a faulty one to begin with but now have a replacement and set it up i'm ringing them tomorrow to tell them i want to go back on it tomorrow as then i can have a week of testing till they open up to change the rates as i was having frequent unexpected hypos on it.

My account isn't set up with roche yet but i guess as we started in the christmas period they have taken their time with it but i got enough supplies here to go back on for 30 days

i miss using it but i wish i was on it over christmas to get used to it and understand changes on christmas day :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your DSN would have had to ask for the Consultant consent to apply for the funding for your pump, doubt very much that they could approve it without first discussing it with the Consultant and getting authorisation (although I may be wrong), my own Consultant filled in all the paperwork for the funding but it was my DSN who put me forward, so I doubt very much that they'll take it back @Dashing.

Reactions: 2 people

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your DSN would have had to ask for the Consultant consent to apply for the funding for your pump, doubt very much that they could approve it without first discussing it with the Consultant and getting authorisation (although I may be wrong), my own Consultant filled in all the paperwork for the funding but it was my DSN who put me forward, so I doubt very much that they'll take it back @Dashing.

he wants to see me on the 28th but i need my account setup be4 then as my next pump therapy is set up for the 14th?
So this is whats confusing me if they did try and take it back i won't give it back as my prescriptions have been changed and everything i just don't know where i stand i just want to find out why my account isn't set up yet. Im going to ring them first thing tomorrow to find out why it hasn't but i halfed my long active be4 going onto insulin so i am just going to do that tonight and see if they allow me back on it from tomorrow.

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes do that @Dashing., ring them tomorrow.
yes i know i was having alot of lows but's because my rates ain't set properly yet and it needs adjusting and alot of testing to start of with but in the long run i know its best for me :D hopefully everything will be fine tomorrow as i need to send the replacment pump back as i had a letter saying to do it or ring them and explain whats going on.

iHs

@Dashing what you've got to do tomorrow is send the FAULTY pump back to Roche in the packaging that they sent to you with the replacement. If you don't, they will want to know why. You will have a customer number set up with Roche so dont worry, the replacement pump is for you to keep and it's not going to be taken away from you. No one is expected to get the basal rates or the bolus ratio, correction factor sorted just like that, it takes time.....lots of so dont worry about what consultant will say

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Dashing what you've got to do tomorrow is send the FAULTY pump back to Roche in the packaging that they sent to you with the replacement. If you don't, they will want to know why. You will have a customer number set up with Roche so dont worry, the replacement pump is for you to keep and it's not going to be taken away from you. No one is expected to get the basal rates or the bolus ratio, correction factor sorted just like that, it takes time.....lots of so dont worry about what consultant will say
haha okay, yes i know i need to send the pump back so i will do it tomorrow as i have now set up my replacement pump im guessing they will tell me to go on the pump again on tuesday or after 6 tomorrow night, as i did my full dose of long active on accident tonight :(