TAXI LICENSE REVOKED

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i thought they could only revoke it if you had more then 2 more assisted hypos?

Reactions: 2 people

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i thought they could only revoke it if you had more then 2 more assisted hypos?
well being an ex taxi driver 3 years ago the dvla Swansea was informed that I was a diabetic type I my GP and diabetic nurse told me that if I didn't inform DVLA there would tell them there demanded my licence for 2 months when the new 3 year lice was returned, I noticed all I was entitled to drive was a car or car and trailer..all the rest was off, that was minibused, 3.5 ton/7.5 ton and my beloved shunters licence for buses. now my licence is due for renewal march 2016, 2 weeks ago I got a letter from dvla regarding the renewal of the licence 2016 to further kick a man when hes down, there wanted the 2 forms regarding my GP eyes etc and my driving licence back in 5 days.luckerly for me I havnt got a car,because now I havnt got a licence to drive one. well about 3 months ago I was talking to my old boss taxi company when I should him my 3 year licence he said the council taxi licence officer wouldn't let you drive a passenger with diabetes type 1 on insulin medication, ! but if you were a type2 on pills only you can re apply for your badge but youll have to sit the driving test the driving part only, so I checked yes there was a test centre 40 miles away in another town. but not available if your a diabetic type 1 but to cut along store short on the form I got for the 2nd x 3 year licence you can apply for an entitlement to drive a mini bus so whats the different a taxi // mini bus there both carrying passengers

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well being an ex taxi driver 3 years ago the dvla Swansea was informed that I was a diabetic type I my GP and diabetic nurse told me that if I didn't inform DVLA there would tell them there demanded my licence for 2 months when the new 3 year lice was returned, I noticed all I was entitled to drive was a car or car and trailer..all the rest was off, that was minibused, 3.5 ton/7.5 ton and my beloved shunters licence for buses. now my licence is due for renewal march 2016, 2 weeks ago I got a letter from dvla regarding the renewal of the licence 2016 to further kick a man when hes down, there wanted the 2 forms regarding my GP eyes etc and my driving licence back in 5 days.luckerly for me I havnt got a car,because now I havnt got a licence to drive one. well about 3 months ago I was talking to my old boss taxi company when I should him my 3 year licence he said the council taxi licence officer wouldn't let you drive a passenger with diabetes type 1 on insulin medication, ! but if you were a type2 on pills only you can re apply for your badge but youll have to sit the driving test the driving part only, so I checked yes there was a test centre 40 miles away in another town. but not available if your a diabetic type 1 but to cut along store short on the form I got for the 2nd x 3 year licence you can apply for an entitlement to drive a mini bus so whats the different a taxi // mini bus there both carrying passengers
so confusing, i know certain things you can't do but didn't know you couldn't drive passengers guess if i had a car my friends wouldn't be allowed in that either?

Bigkt1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm a new type 1 from Feb 17 I also got my licence stoped meaning I can't taxi ontill I have 3 months off good reading the thing is iv to meet the dva in 4 weeks and there 3 hyops on my meter there only just into the hypo lowest being 3.6 3.8 n 3.9 will this stop me getting my licence back