Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I've been pushing for a long time now and have been given approval to get a pump, am scheduled in for January to get it. Given the issues i've had with periods affecting control, under-active thyroid, being insulin resistant due to the colder weather etc etc as well as doing everything I can to be a 'good' diabetic, I am over the moon.. It's the new medtronic one and will self fund for CGM on top as I really want to manage this beast lol - just need to get through Christmas !!

Reactions: 10 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I've been pushing for a long time now and have been given approval to get a pump, am scheduled in for January to get it. Given the issues i've had with periods affecting control, under-active thyroid, being insulin resistant due to the colder weather etc etc as well as doing everything I can to be a 'good' diabetic, I am over the moon.. It's the new medtronic one and will self fund for CGM on top as I really want to manage this beast lol - just need to get through Christmas !!

Congratulations and all the very best Juicyj, I wish you good luck for a new start in 2016.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wonderful news!! What a lovely way to start the new year!
Isn't it great when you can start fresh and make things fall beautifully into place...
Keep updating about your pump experience please. (I am thinking to apply for one too)

Wishing you a season full of merriment!
Regards
Josephine

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you all for your kinds words, it has been a struggle and although at one stage I was resigned to never getting it, I am trying not to get too excited until it's fitted. I hope it will mean a fresh start, however as I remember from doing DAFNE and seeing others getting much better results than me without the effort, I hope it will mean much better control and yes will definitely post results ! Merry Christmas all ⛄

Reactions: 6 people

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i wanted the new medtronic pump but stuck with the insight =.= wish i didn't
Gz on getting one in January and will hopefully be a life changer for you :D

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks am hoping it will be a life changer, would like to reverse my background retinopathy and just manage better than I have been

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Congratulations and all the very best Juicyj, I wish you good luck for a new start in 2016.

Thank you Robin, it's been a long time coming and feel so positive about it, as I said earlier at one point I really didn't think it would happen but am blessed with an angel of a DSN who got a massive hug off me earlier on, for pushing me forward for this, she doesn't get many patients onto the pump but felt I would benefit greatly, without her it wouldn't of happened, I don't think I will get properly excited until I've been set up and settings have been adjusted and insulin is being pumped.

NicolaN

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Best of luck with the pump. I got mine in October and already my HBA1C has dropped by almost 1. It makes life and control much easier. It makes my life feel more 'normal' if that makes any sense lol!
I hope it goes well for you :)

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

i wanted the insight stuck with the horrible medronic 640g, swapsies haha :)

juicyj, hope all goes well with the pump!!!