What do we love/hate/like about this festive time ..

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like Christmas for the fact of seeing the offsprings faces when they open their presents. I'm a bit disappointed as only one of the 4 have said ty. The rest seem to see it now as their given right to have presents. Strangely enough my 2 daughters are 26 and 22 and my son is 15 and my grandaughter 6. It was the 22 yr old that said ty, the others havent bothered. We try to make Christmas a good time for them due to circumstances beyond their control but not to get acknowledgment of the work going into picking presents, buying them, wrapping them, cooking a 3 course lunch and then haveing party food on the evenings is bad. Cant understand it cus we brought them up the same way

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Love the fact that it's nearly over and getting half price Christmas cards from Boots and M & S.

Kaz70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Christmas and do the present bit twice - once in December & again at Easter with friends that we only see once or twice a year - I love the challenge of buying gifts that people want and won't just bin in January

K

Kat100

I love Christmas and do the present bit twice - once in December & again at Easter with friends that we only see once or twice a year - I love the challenge of buying gifts that people want and won't just bin in January
I think I need your help for next Christmas .. Like a personal shopper :)
How lovely to have gifts at Easter I love that idea ..

K

Kat100

I like Christmas for the fact of seeing the offsprings faces when they open their presents. I'm a bit disappointed as only one of the 4 have said ty. The rest seem to see it now as their given right to have presents. Strangely enough my 2 daughters are 26 and 22 and my son is 15 and my grandaughter 6. It was the 22 yr old that said ty, the others havent bothered. We try to make Christmas a good time for them due to circumstances beyond their control but not to get acknowledgment of the work going into picking presents, buying them, wrapping them, cooking a 3 course lunch and then haveing party food on the evenings is bad. Cant understand it cus we brought them up the same way
There was a discussion about this .. People forget their thank you,s which is a real,shame ..
We always had note let's at Christmas .. And thank you cards were always sent .. But not now ..
Times have changed ..

Kaz70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I need your help for next Christmas .. Like a personal shopper :)
How lovely to have gifts at Easter I love that idea ..
I do start shopping, or at least thinking about it in about July - so don't really stop for that long!

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
it's all a bloody faff this christmas, i don't mind the cards and the lights. but i never have enough socks because people have stopped giving socks as a present. so this means i have to still go to the shops that are full of people looking for sales, just so i can have a pair of socks that match or don't have holes in from walking all over the shop looking for the socks.

Pip_Morton

Hi Pip here, loved your post, have had a good Christmas ,only felt odd when family were handing out chocolates after a meal and didn't quite know what to do about me! Should have thought ahead & taken my own. Such a newbie at this!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now have the honour this afternoon of taking the trees down and putting them away for next year. I've started on the cards and the dining room. Good job one of the trees is a lovely pop-up variety and 2 metal rods and its flat in the bag for next year. Other tree a bit more finicky especially as my daughter has a brand new Disney ornament on there so have to make sure I pack that properly. Oh the joys of being a grown up :p

Kaz70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now have the honour this afternoon of taking the trees down and putting them away for next year. I've started on the cards and the dining room. Good job one of the trees is a lovely pop-up variety and 2 metal rods and its flat in the bag for next year. Other tree a bit more finicky especially as my daughter has a brand new Disney ornament on there so have to make sure I pack that properly. Oh the joys of being a grown up :p
That's the bit I hate - the house looks so plain afterwards