• Total voters

arjster

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Sundays!
I was just thinking earlier about how people need to have the same interests (well, kind of) to get along and hit it off. Me and my gf like horror movies for example.

I was wondering if anyone has ever met someone and ended up with them, where they were both diabetic? Because I'm guessing we sort of then develop interests in exercise, fitness, our diets that lead to an overlap of interests and activities.

Really random I know, but I was wondering... and well... thats it! :roll:

Marz Barr

yes me and my husband and neather of us were diabetic at the time but he was taking part in a early intervention trial at the leicester genaral hospital

AmberAnn

Not really..but my ex husband was diagnosed with Type 2 about a year ago...and me just a couple of weeks ago...So both our daughters now have twice the risk of developing the condition...

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
We are a diabetic couple married 37 years. My husband developed what was diagnosed type 1 at about age 28. It is probabaly type 1.5. I developed type 2 at age 56, diagnosed after a stroke. We now eat low carb. I initiated it, because I couldn't stop weight gain on the recommended diet and medication ( that gliclazide is the devil :>) ) I got my husband to comply with me after a kidney scare. I have now lost 35 pounds and am still losing and husband is better. HbA1c improving from about 10% to just over 7%, weight and cholesterol both down; kidney problems resolving and leg ulcers healing. Nothing will repair those Charcot feet though. I have ditched the gliclazide. Don't need it any more. My last HbA1c was around 6%. I'm aiming for 5%. Having helped my husband manage hypos and all the rest for over 30 years. I now apply logic to all difficulties and the recommended diet isn't logical.