Online survey: BYDUREON and/or VICTOZA users - £30 for 30 minute online survey

TrialsBot

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
A new clinical trial has been published and is now recruiting 200 people: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/clinical-trials/type2-medication-study.html

Aim
  • To understand preferences for diabetes treatments from Bydureon or Victoza users.
What is it and what's in it for me:
  • Looking for volunteers willing to take a 30-minute online survey about their preferences for diabetes treatments.
  • £30 for taking part in an online questionnaire that will take no more than 30 minutes
  • 200 respondents required
To take part:
  • Over 18, UK only
  • Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
  • Currently taking BYDUREON (exenatide slow release – once weekly injection) or VICTOZA (liraglutide) and not currently or previously using insulin such as Lantus/Levemir etc
Exclusions:
  • BYETTA users (exenatide once daily) are excluded from this study
How to get involved:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I got refused on the trial

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Is it me, or is anyone else instantly suspicious at the offer of £30 for completing a questionnaire?
Did they say why you were refused Ally?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Is it me, or is anyone else instantly suspicious at the offer of £30 for completing a questionnaire?
Did they say why you were refused Ally?

The £30 is an honorarium for taking part. It's a common practice. It's a survey, hence the compensation/reward.

It doesn't say specifically why people do not qualify, there's just an email sent and a page shown to those that do.

Please note, we do not set the criteria, nor the honorarium. This is set by Oracle Fieldwork, the organisers of this study.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Interesting - I never knew about financial incentives. I didnt make any suggestion that you did set the criteria for this, did I give that impression?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Interesting - I never knew about financial incentives. I didnt make any suggestion that you did set the criteria for this, did I give that impression?

Nope! Just wanted to state the facts that we knew - that was more for @ally1 :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ah, got it. Thanks for that:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Shame I didn't qualify. Stopped taking victoza once increased from small dose. It had no impact on my sugar levels and lost weight through sickness. I was very disappointed. I used victoza after having my first child on levermir and novarapid. It was to help me lose weight. I had high hopes for it.

Robbie34

I took this survey at the beginning of December but I have not heard anything since. Has anyone else completed the survey and received their £30?

paul_round

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Robbie, same here, completed it, but at the end there was no confirmation of receiving said £30, or timescale.

Robbie34

I am a member of Diabetes UK and I have written to them to ask if they have any information about this survey. It seems that nobody has received payment for participating in this activity and I'm wondering if it was a means of gathering personal information.

TrialsBot

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Cheques began being sent out last week. It is great to know you got them. If they don't arrive please send me a PM! :)

The survey ends on 25//1 so there is 1 day left if you would like to take part.