Hi i'm NiamhT111

NiamhT111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
demons and black
Hi I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on Friday the 18th of December this year. I have just started to do my own injections and I find It a lot easier the more practise I get.I have found doing my injections hard but I am now a lot more confident now. my BG tests are fine. I had my first hypo this morning and my dad came in and gave me 2 jelly babies. YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!! I was very tired but it was 6 o'clock.
Look forward to making new friends on here

Reactions: 6 people

Nutty72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Niamh, you are doing marvellously....

Hope you get some good advice and tips that you can share with me..

Love.

Mum x

Reactions: 2 people

lizziewizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome Niamh,

I was also diagnosed with T1 Diabetes on the 18th December! How crazy! Congratulations on gaining the confidence to administer your own injections, it will make you feel much more in control. It sounds like you are adjusting so well already, so well done. Also, fantastic to have the support of your mum on here as well as in real life. I'm sure this forum will help you a lot too @Nutty72

I have found this forum really helpful so far and everyone here so friendly. Feel free to message me anytime if you need a chat etc. xxx

NiamhT111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
demons and black
Thank you for the support @lizziewizzie I would love to chat to you in the future.hope you R coping ok as it was a bit of a shock to me

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been diabetic for a long time and am still learning! My first hypo about 35 years ago was in 'solo' supermarket and my mum just kept giving me more glucose tablets as we didn't know how long it would take!! I was sat 7 years old on one of those steps they used to use in supermarkets to fill the shelves, I never forget!! I have learnt the most from this forum in the last couple of years! So welcome and your attitude says you are in the right frame of mind to not let it get you down!! Use it when you need, it really does help to be among others that are! :)

Oslo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, Bigots, Meat
Welcome Niamh, most impressed at you getting to grips with your injections so swiftly, it took me a while, trust me it gets easier. Best wishes and happy new year !!

Shellbellx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Welcome Niamh! U sound like you are doing amazingly well! Well done!

I've recently joined the forum, I'm 25 and type1 diagnosed end of November. A rubbish Christmas present eh? The forum has been really helpful to me, hope u and ur mum find it helpful! I'm learning lots! Look forward to chatting xx