Help I need a Virtual Slap!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Any chance I can join in the queue for a slap?
..so slaps gratefully received!
How could I refuse a lady? @ladybird64
smiley-slapping.gif

Type1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I also fell off the wagon bad this Christmas. This week is me getting back on track. I find if I refuse myself chocolate it helps a lot! Once I get over my chocolate addiction I find it easy to avoid most other sweet treats. My issue comes after 9pm when I feel like binge eating! Need to get thru a week of cold turkey so may look to the forum for help

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you get carb cravings? Not everyone does, but if you do, it makes the wagon rather high to climb back on...
So far I've been fine - not craving anything more than usual - the slip up itself gave me a scare so I've been good - so far!
Any chance I can join in the queue for a slap? (Or a kick - I'm not fussy..)
Yeh it will be nice to have some company in my naughty corner :)

Reactions: 3 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Yeh it will be nice to have some company in my naughty corner :)

Do you think we'll get let out for good behaviour?:angelic: Thanks for the slap Prem (I think:inpain:), it seems to have worked today. Stayed on the wagon, and that's good news as I was really having problems. :happy:

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think a lot of us here slipped up a bit over xmas, I know I did, but not as badly as I could have. I always have LC baking in the freezer but I find its not all about cravings, with me its nostalgia and I get into thinking how delicious everything used to be, then I eat it and its not so great anymore. I find whenever I go off track the key is not to beat myself up over it, I just try and get myself back on track asap.

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think a lot of us here slipped up a bit over xmas,
It's just so great to have these forums to let off steam. You folks out there make me go from panic mode to calm and rational. I don't know how I would have coped with any of this without this place!
The pound I put on over xmas means I can send you all an extra cuddly thank you hug.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've found if I don't have a sweet treat to access quickly at some point during the day then I'm more likely to be tempted. My solution is mug cakes, 'cheesecake fluff', jelly and Greek yoghurt with frozen strawberries and flaxseed left overnight. On Atkins you're not supposed to have this sort of stuff during the first two weeks but I've decided to let myself have a treat to keep me going on the plan. So far in on day 5 and haven't had any mishaps - even when I'm surrounded by **** food everywhere.

No one can make you - you gotta find your own motivation and persevere. This place is great for suggestions and will give you the tools you need but YOU have to decide to improve your life.

I've been in denial off the wagon for best part of a year and hate myself for it but I'm regaining control and am determined to fight again for my future health. I'm too young for all this....

You can do it. Believe it and see it and you can achieve it xxx

Reactions: 6 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been in denial off the wagon for best part of a year and hate myself for it
I've recently learned how easy it is to fall off that wagon. But from my perspective all I have is admiration for you for picking yourself up and getting back on. Can't be easy after a year. So you have noooo reason to hate yourself (I reckon we can forgive you for having the gall to be human) and every reason to congratulate yourself xx

Reactions: 3 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Not sure I want to - its cosy here now I have a friend :D:D

That's ok then - I have a penchant for being naughty:D. 4lbs over Christmas for me so there's work to be done!

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's ok then - I have a penchant for being naughty:D
Lol that's good then - we'll stay in our naughty corner and think of other ways to be wicked rather than eating carbs ;)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've decided not to weigh myself - I'll let the docs tell me the good/bad news!! I'm going by my clothes which at the moment are telling me I've more than likely gained more than 4lbs!!!! X

Reactions: 2 people

TrevorFisher

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
LinsT, one of your posts suggests you've never had a hypo, although never a pleasant experience, i had a fairly serious hypo shortly after being diagnosed. I'm now grateful for the experience as i now know what is happening to my body, and can feel my bg dropping 30mins before the sweating starts. It gives me time to grab something to eat/drink.

Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the old treadmill and keep going.............no alternative really!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I decided before Christmas that on the day itself I'd keep a close eye on my carbs but eat anything I wanted that fitted in to my carb limit. So I stuffed myself - far more food than I normally eat - including lots of home made choc truffles (made with 90% choc, cream and alcohol), high fat baked lemon cheesecake and all the beef, Turkey, sausages in bacon, cheese and nuts I wanted. Plus 4+ glasses of Prosecco. And for some reason my BG dropped like a stone down in to the 3s (which, TBH, was a bit scary).

I did wonder in passing if I'd hit on the perfect low carb diet. I have tried to replicate it but haven't been able to :( but I had fun trying. ;)

Reactions: 5 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
one of your posts suggests you've never had a hypo,
No you're right I've never experienced a real hypo fortunately. Those of you that do have my total sympathy. I once experienced a low of 3.9 which left me feeling a little light headed and shaky - but personally I think it was a 'false hypo' as it was only a month or so into my diagnosis and my body wasn't used to lower BG's. I also didn't need to do anything to correct it other than eating my evening meal as usual.
Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the old treadmill and keep going
Thanks Trevor xx
I did wonder in passing if I'd hit on the perfect low carb diet. I have tried to replicate it but haven't been able to :( but I had fun trying. ;)
Ha ha - yes I've read other posts where you've talked about your truffles and cheesecake they sound yummy. I've just been a total disaster in the low carb baking/ treat making stakes so far - everything I've tried was horrid and ended up in the bin :yuck:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook thank you for the recipes, if you have any more good ones dont keep them.up your sleeve, make sure to share :D