Why do u have to wait for a pump

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Because they are expensive and also the time has to be arranged for staff to show you how to work it, set it up etc.

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You don't have that long to wait. From your other thread, the 12th of Febuary..

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
@Sonnyb2 have you downloaded the pump manual and learnt as much as you can about the pump you are having as that will while away the time for you.
Have you ordered the book pumping insulin and read that so you understand more about pumping? If not do so and again the time will fly until your pump start.

Just make sure you use and learn about your pump correctly because if you don't they will take it away a lot quicker than they gave it.

Reactions: 4 people

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It took me 3 and half years fighting and still my consultant don't agree with me being on the pump.
The dietitian i saw on the 2nd of December set me up for pump therapy on the 3rd of December =.=

Reactions: 2 people

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only had to wait a couple of months for it to be ordered etc after I asked my consultant about the pump...

Mark_Goldenfield_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been on the pump for around 4 years . It's probably the best thing I ever did regarding my diabetes . Before I went on this pimp I had to do a Dafne course to learn about carbs. Also about carb counting . It had taken me 12 months before I could get the pump . It takes a lot of work and monitoring before you get it right , it defiantly is not a piece of cake to use A lot of dedication and endless blood checking

Reactions: 7 people

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been on the pump for around 4 years . It's probably the best thing I ever did regarding my diabetes . Before I went on this pimp I had to do a Dafne course to learn about carbs. Also about carb counting . It had taken me 12 months before I could get the pump . It takes a lot of work and monitoring before you get it right , it defiantly is not a piece of cake to use A lot of dedication and endless blood checking
im checking every 2 hours atm >.<

Reactions: 2 people

Wingy1997

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been on a insulin pump for 5 years. It was a lot to learn and a big decision for me but I've not regretted it since. It is expensive and does take a while with all the paperwork involved but do plenty of research and trust me you'll have it no time.

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been on a insulin pump for 5 years. It was a lot to learn and a big decision for me but I've not regretted it since. It is expensive and does take a while with all the paperwork involved but do plenty of research and trust me you'll have it no time.
i got given mine the day after i visited my dietitian but for now i'm living on emergency supplies lol i did have to fight for one 3 and half years though >.<

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think for me it was 6 months from the consultant saying, yeah, your ideal for the pump, to actually going live with insulin......

it flew in as I wasn't in immediate need for it, like I suppose some would be if they are extremely sensitive to insulin.......

I went on it for the dawn phenomenon mainly.......;)