annoyed with my brain

michelle888

Type of diabetes
Type 2
27 dec was in hospital as bg was 30.8 am home and depressed, trying to get essays in for thursday for my hnc but cant concentrate as i feel still not right, will college give a extention, my head isnt wanting too work, annoyed i cant do essay grrrrr, not got clinic till 11 jan, am testing twice a day and on meds

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you let your college know you were in hospital? I'd hope they'd be understanding if you've been ill, if at all possible.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi Michelle, sorry to hear about your problems, yes do email college will give an extension. Back the request up with a letter from GP as well.

Oh do give your nurse a ring as well and ask to be seen asp.

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully college will give you extension if you let your tutor know as soon as possible. However even if you don't finish or complete it all, still hand it in. A lower grade is better than no submission as your grade will be capped.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely let your tutor know, and get a sick note to confirm your hospital visit. Many years ago my younger sister was quite ill on and off with an undiagnosed grumbling appendix during her last year of A levels. She did badly in and possibly missed (can't remember as it's such a long time ago now) some of her exams, and was actually hospitalised over the summer with peritonitis, and due to all this she was judged on her previous school work and college interviews, and was still granted her University place.

Robbity