Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 fasting this morning, seems a bit low? Went to bed with a 4.3 last night, not sure if that is ok or not? Any views welcome.

Reactions: 26 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
4.7 fasting this morning, seems a bit low? Went to bed with a 4.3 last night, not sure if that is ok or not? Any views welcome.
Everyone is different @Magsx1 I would be fine with that number but then my blood sugar doesn't seem to drop much during the night, my fasting BG level is often the highest of the day. How do you feel at these numbers?

Reactions: 18 people

TipTop2

Type of diabetes
MODY
4.6 this morning at 10am after a rather heavy night yesterday (got to let it go sometimes haven't you?!) so happy with that.

Reactions: 28 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Mine was 6.6 at 8 55am (better than yesterday's)

Reactions: 24 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
6.2...followed by an actual in the flesh visit with a diabetic consultant..who was happy with my diet and my levels..not a bad start to the week.

Reactions: 28 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

Fasting level was 5.5 at 08.15 this morning.

Late posting as early start (for me...) at work, and a lack of internet connectivity.

Reactions: 23 people

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Everyone is different @Magsx1 I would be fine with that number but then my blood sugar doesn't seem to drop much during the night, my fasting BG level is often the highest of the day. How do you feel at these numbers?
Hi,
Thank you for answering my post, I sometimes feel slightly headachey,
I have night sweats, doctor says its menopause, which I've had for years anyway, but looking on website for diabetes you can have sweats through low blood sugar, so I'm interested in what to do, I'm on LCHF diet, having lost almost two stone, but I'm not eating any potatoes,rice,bread,pasta at all, I'm living mainly on protein and salad,just wondered if I'm doing things ok.

Reactions: 16 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi,
Thank you for answering my post, I sometimes feel slightly headachey,
I have night sweats, doctor says its menopause, which I've had for years anyway, but looking on website for diabetes you can have sweats through low blood sugar, so I'm interested in what to do, I'm on LCHF diet, having lost almost two stone, but I'm not eating any potatoes,rice,bread,pasta at all, I'm living mainly on protein and salad,just wondered if I'm doing things ok.
@Magsx1 if you want to go onto ask a question forum about your diet we can answer you there, this thread is just for fasting blood glucose readings. Just start a new thread asking anything and we will answer

Reactions: 15 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. BG was 4.9 fasting this morning. Cold & ridiculously wet in Newcastle today. Time for the wellies & snorkel me thinks. Good health one & all.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 29 people