What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
5.1 fasting blood this am.

Reactions: 10 people

zacthedog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injections,
14.2mmol/l my fourth am test, and lowest so far, so begining to go down, will increase Metformin today from 1x500g to 2x500g.
Still to see the DBN for my fisrt visit. So apart from the weather a good day so far! :happy:

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
14.2mmol/l my fourth am test, and lowest so far, so begining to go down, will increase Metformin today from 1x500g to 2x500g.
Still to see the DBN for my fisrt visit. So apart from the weather a good day so far! :happy:
Hi zac' ask for a printout of your bs results,very informative to keep and compare future results etc,clive

Reactions: 6 people

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
My diabetics nurse told me that anything below 7 is fine. Any thoughts on this please?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetics nurse told me that anything below 7 is fine. Any thoughts on this please?
Have a look here - she's more or less correct. I would imagine that overnight levels for type 1s would probably need to be higher than for other people so they can avoid overnight hypos. So lower may not always be better...

Robbity​

Reactions: 2 people

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Really sorry thanks for your input but I can't follow these links. When I touch the link I get a message saying this forum isn't available in tapatalk whatever tf that means.

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
My BG this a.m. is 4.7mmol/L. I have an average BG of 5.8mmol/L now, so :cool: pretty cool.

Reactions: 4 people