Return to lchf

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. I restarted lchf yesterday. My bg results have really reduced (between 5 and 6) since my all time high of 14.6 on Tuesday evening. My question is, I have a really dreadful headache which does not want to go. Is it possible that this is a result of my lowering bg levels?

michael D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. I restarted lchf yesterday. My bg results have really reduced (between 5 and 6) since my all time high of 14.6 on Tuesday evening. My question is, I have a really dreadful headache which does not want to go. Is it possible that this is a result of my lowering bg levels?
could be the carb flu if you have dropped from a high level of carbs

Reactions: 2 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try half a teaspoon of salt and a glass of water, might help.

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good LCHF luck! :p

Basically carb flu (aka Atkins or keto flu!) is your body having some ****** off carby withdrawal symptoms while (re)adjusting to your low carb diet again. It should clear up fairly quickly though.

You could also try bouillon/stock cubes, or make your own stock from chicken or meat bones and have a cup of this as an alternative drink if the neat salt is a bit strong. But keep you fluid intake whatever.

Robbity

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Robbity . I went to the kitchen and chickened out on the salt and made an oxo cube into a drink in the hope that that would have the same amount of salt in. Thanks for the good wishes.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the suggestions. The headache has eased a lot so the oxo drink must have helped. That's one to remember. :)