Choices!

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was catching a flight from Stansted yesterday and went into Burger King for food. Went over to the drinks machine which was a nice fancy digital touch screen one with an option for 'low calorie/no sugar' drinks. Exciting I thought but only expected to find Diet Coke and Coke Zero but no........ Fanta zero, Fanta still zero, Dr Pepper zero, Sprite Zero .... So I opted for Fanta zero and was then given the option of loads of different Fanta zero flavours for the first time ever! Peach, raspberry, grape etc. I know there's probably an issue about them using the same pump/nozzle as full sugar drinks but just having all those options felt like heaven!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1452206802.341197.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

novoguy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
That's fantastic I wish more company's would offer this range of drinks

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why were you in Burger King to start with and then try and disguise a poor nutritional choice with a "healthy" drink?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Talk about spoilt for choice :)

Although I'm a little wary of using this drink dispensers it's great that so many options are available now, gone are the days of boring (and tasteless) soft drinks like Tab & 1 cal.

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why were you in Burger King to start with and then try and disguise a poor nutritional choice with a "healthy" drink?
Aye very good - at no point did I attempt to disguise it as healthy and at no point did I ask for comment on the nutritional value of a Burger King meal. I'm well aware of those. Go find another thread and just allow us to enjoy the fact that there are choices out there that we are rarely afforded, unhealthy or not.

Reactions: 8 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
What a choice. I've been drinking sprite zero for a while now (as it's the only option here), particularly in the summer months. Hopefully my local supermarket will start stocking some of the drinks you've showed.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Content removed to remove personal remarks.

Last edited by a moderator: