Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 4.4
Must try and stop the unstable results. I believe not good for neuropathy. :-(

Reactions: 24 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
7.5 this morning!! I changed the time I take all my morning meds (from 8am to 9am) but always test prior to taking them. I think the culprit is lactulose prescribed recently for some constipation. I took it yesterday..et voila. Isn't that nice? 7 point bleedin 5!!

Reactions: 22 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning - my first under-5 FBG ever! Yippee for intermittent fasting (and LCHF that allows me to do it)!

Reactions: 27 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.4 today, happy enough with that

Reactions: 25 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
(Saturday) Had a long lie in today after a full, very late end to Friday. When I did wake up, my BG was 4.9, rising to a high of 6.4 after meals. Cutting down on the daytime testing now, unless I'm eating something out of the ordinary for me. Good health folks.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 31 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sort of a proper fast today after being zonked out with migraine, which for a change didn't really seem to affect levels:

6.2 at 11.30am, 6.2 again at 5.30pm, with nothing but water and meds all day, and ended up at 7.2 (just after 7pm) before eventual first meal of the day, after staggering round feeding and entertaining dogs for about 40 mins - I usually see a similar rise after minimum activity. Down to 6.9 1 hour after dinner, and 6.7 at 2 hours.

I'm debating about getting a Freestyle Libre when they're available again, to see what goes on between tests - I don't always follow my body's logic! :wideyed:

Robbity

Reactions: 20 people

Sweet-Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The rain.
I had my bloods checked late last night at the A&E, 4.8 lowest in a long time.

Reactions: 25 people