goanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
working too hard!! Ungratefulness
Hi everyone.
I have been on 4X 500g of metformin for about 6 months now and about a month ago was prescribed diamicron XR (glicazade). The endo told me to start with one tablet for 2 weeks and if my readings were too high to double the dose. I have done this (for 2 1/2 weeks now)and have found that there has not been any change in my BGLs. My fasting BGL is anywhere between 9 and 13, and through the day the same. He said that I should aim for between 4 and 6.I am low carbing and getting very frustrated. How long before I will detect any changes? I see my endo at the end of the month. Any advice would be greatly recieved.
Thanks for listening!!

lindygrub

Hi
I take 2x 750mg metformin and 2 x 80mg gliclazide and am about to sart an additional tablet as my sugars are still out of control- so you are not alone! I've been told that if this next tablet doesnt help (not sure what it is yet - will find out tomorrow) then I will be moving onto something called Byetta which from what I can tell has caused quite a stir on this forum. I was diagnosed 12 months ago and have been told that it could take another 6-8 months to find what works best for me. So hang in there... :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As with any drugs, effects are not always as predictable as we would like them to be. Lifestyle changes, diet, exercise etc can have a much more beneficial effect, when combined with the drugs.

goanna.

Some that are low carbing have still been eating the wrong things so you need to go through everything you eat very carefully to see if, like some before, what you think is low carb .....just isn't ?

Just a thought. :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I used to use gliclazide, but my weight got out of control, so I got off it by controlling carbs. Bg is pretty steady at below 6, with the rarest of lapses to 7. I haven't had an 8 for years
Hana

goanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
working too hard!! Ungratefulness
Thankyou for your responses. i have been low carbing since diagnosis and found that this did help my readings at first however, I have found over these last few months that my BGLs have crept up again. I guess I could cut more carbs but I do find breakfast to be the hardest for me as the thought of eggs or meat first thing of a morning just turns my stomach. Does anyone have any ideas? AT night I eat only protein and veges or salad for dinner (No pototoes or rice or pasta). I don't have a weight problem and feel really well, so knowing that the sugars are high is quite frustrating. It is nice to know that you are not alone and there are others willing to give advice and support. Thankyou in advance for listening and your advice. :)

stewcose

Hi goanna.

So what do you have for breakfast and how much does your bsl go up by?
I have eggs, fish (usually kippers) and chease mainly. My bs goes up a little but if I had my old usual of porrage, made with only water, and a banana, my bs would jump 5 or 6 points to 12.5 to 13. So a no brainer.

Take care

Stewart

lindygrub

Hi
I dont have time to cook anything in the morning - (2 kids under 8 !) - so its a mad dash to school before driving like a lunatic to get to work on time. Unfortunately that means kippers and eggs are out of the question. Can anyone suggest anything that is really quick and tasty for breakfast??
Lindsay

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Try a can of Red Bull and some sausages. Set's me up a treat after a night out. :D

D...

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
dipsticky said:
Try a can of Red Bull and some sausages. Set's me up a treat after a night out. :D

D...

The sugar free type i hope!!