You MUST see this

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Lecture? It's not coming from a Diabetic nurse, is it???

:wink:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Good find thanks Hana :D

Regards
Graham

AliB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Amazing. Thanks Hana. I reckon that ought to be worth posting on the main board!

It is so good to see members of the Health Profession actually twig what is going on. My concern has been about carbs - specifically processed ones and the dangers of the high consumption of them - and what is fructose but an intrinsic part of that processed muck. People think it is healthy to drink carton fruit juices, but in reality, even the ones that don't have any added sugar are pure sugar. Not only has all the fibre been strained out, but many of the nutrients are lacking as are all of the enzymes.

Everything is meddled with these days. So much damage has been done to us all because of the arrogance of some people who think they can 'do better'. The power wielded by these few has influenced the majority of the World's governments, and we are in such a mess as a result.

I remember reading some of John Yudkin's books years ago and they were pretty profound. I just wish I was as convinced of the logic of them back then as I am now. Might have saved myself a whole lot of angst.

I loved the comment Robert Lustig made that when God created the poison, he packaged it with the antidote! The more natural our food is the better we are as a result.

That's my argument with the drugs business too. Although many of them are derived from plants and natural substances, they extract what they consider to be the 'active ingredient' so that they can create a patentable financial 'cash cow' and wonder why the drugs give people awful side effects they don't get when they take the herbs or the plants.

Definitely one to add to my growing list of important information.

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Hana, babe. You find the most amazing stuff. Is that 'cause you was a teachy person ? I bow to you miss. :wink:

D.

nannybarbara

Whoa, marvellous stuff! Well done for finding this.

I sat and watched this yesterday evening and couldn't walk away. We ate very late despite plaintive requests from Sir about dinner - naturally dinner was totally HFCS free, of course, although I can't say the same about the ethanol. :wink:

Barb

Romola

Very interesting - I have sent the link to the parents of my grandchildren in my role as interfering granny :wink:

Please could this also be put on a more general board.

I am not a low carber, but I read what you have to say on the subject - and it seems to me that this lecture is not really about strict low carbing.

I hope that all of us, low carbers or not, have taken on board the need to avoid processed food, to read labels, and to take regular exercise, among other things.

Hearing the science behind all this made it all make sense - and it was good to reacquaint myself with my old friend the TCA cycle :D

Please promote this lecure on a more general board.

Romola

Many thanks sue.

It really is worth persevering with - so much important information.

I wanted to stay behind after the cameras left and hear more though :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I did email him and ask what ye thinks is the cause of T2, pre HFCS days and he suggested Genetics and/or MODY. I thought MODY is insulin dependent and I know T2 was known a long time ago and its treatment was dietary.
Hana