I am getting the Flu Jab tomorrow

A

Anonymous

Hi :) I am 19 and I have had Type 1 Diabetes for 14 years. I have never had the Flu Jab. I got asked last year if I wanted it and I said no and then not long after that I came down with the flu and I was really ill for about a week and I dont want to go through that again so this year I have decided to have it. I am quite scared though and having second thoughts and wondering what if i get a reaction to it or something

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Hi Jodie, on a purely personal level I have been receiving flu jabs for about 10 years, and have never had a problem, :) :) . I understand your nervousness, but I attend a COPD clinic , and a diabetes clinic, both attended by many people of all ages, and have not come across anyone who has had a problem following the jab. Good luck, try not to be too worried
Val

Fujifilm

I am having mine tomorrow :D been having them for years and no problems, but I always get mild flu a week after having it. :?

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
That's typical of the NHS Fuji, give something with one hand and then zap you with the other.
Ya know it makes sense ?

D.

nannybarbara

I've been having 'flu jabs for years. I don't have any problem apart from a slight tenderness at the injection site. My husband (non-diabetic) feels below par for the rest of the day, but nothing much to write home about really. I've had my pneumonia jab, and felt off for two days, whereas, my husband has to have it every five years (no spleen) and he's absolutely fine. It affects people differently.

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
I have just had the flu jab and have had it for the last 3 years without any problems, and my husband has had it for the past 6 years without any problems. Neither of us has had the flu in that time either.

Jisuba

I've never had flu in my life but I've been told as I am diabetic I MUST have the flu jab, I really would prefer not to but my doctor was insistant. What should I do?

chrissieworne

Hiya, I had my flu jab last Friday and apart from a bit of a stiff arm 2 days later it was okay, just felt a bit sniffly yesterday. :roll:

The nurse did make me wait in the waiting room for about 15 mins after just to make sure there was no immediate reaction. :shock:

Sure it's better than flu which I got full blown last winter (pre diagnosis so no jab)then it went to chest infection, then Pluerisy so boy, was I ill. :(

Mind you, I know it doesn't cover all flus. Am NOT having the swine flu one tho, for some reason I don't trust it!! That prob doe not make sense at all !! :lol:

Chrissie