Unfair

coolio

Hi my name is sarah ive been diabetic for 14 years, im 22 next month. Im just writing to say that I work in Bhs and one of my colleges is being treated disgustingly, she has a doctors note to say she cant work late nights because it can or may affect her diabetes which is fare enough she works full time already. well the management team are reporting her to head office because she can't work these late nights, to see wether she is fit to work at all. I think this is very unfair, she works 8:30am 5:45pm with no problem at all and just because she can't work any later she may loose her job over a very seriouse condition. I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever had the same problem and what action should she take???????

howie

personally, i'm type 1 btw. if my career/job wanted me to put extra hours at anytime of the day i'd do them. on weekends i go out all night and maintain good BG's so professionally i can for sure. it may mean breaking a routine but who actually wants to live with a strict routine anyway. i just do a few BG tests and act accordingly.

unless there's other medical conditions why not stay on or work late?

my personal opinion,
howie

cearapeter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

I have just joined tonight - greetings from Northern Ireland. I have type two diabetes and have had it for about three years. In relation to the previous post I may be able to help as I sit on the Disability Tribunal (I have been a special school principal for 16 years). As I see it your friend cannot be sacked as the company must make reasonable adjustments to her working practice or show that to make such adjustments are unreasonable. I don't think she has anything to worry about.

ceara

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Yet again, cracking advice from all concerned. I suppose if I hadn't decked my last boss I might have won my case. ah well ! :D

D.