low carb drinks

Spiral

I use unflavoured soy protien powder to make my drinks.

However, when I was shopping around I visited a local independent health store. They had tubs of the protien shakes of varying carb contents. They also did individual sized sachets for £1.50 a throw. A bit pricey, but a bit easier to carry around if you are going away.

goji

Just curious - why do people use these meal replacer drinks? Is it for weightloss?

Thanks Goji

mikey

I can't speak for everyone Goji but I use them when I am short of time.(My way of saying, too lazy to cook.) :oops:
Or if I know I wont get time to eat.
My problem is if I don't eat regularly I get a liver dump, so the drinks are a bit of an insurance policy.

Cheers,
Mike.

Spiral

When I make them myself and I know exactly what goes in them they meet my nutritional needs and I use them as a breakfast or a snack.

Although I work 9-5.30 I sometimes start earlier and sometimes work a bit later. While I manage my own diary, I am sometimes out on visits or in meetings when I'm supposed to eat and a drink is easier to manage than sitting down and eating a meal.

I also don't feel like eating these days first thing (not like the dys I ate carbs when i was always hungry. These drinks are a high protein and higher fat (when made with cream) low carb breakfast or snack.

It means I minimise liver dumps and yes, I need to lose a large quantity of weight, but this is a byproduct rather than main purpose of a low carb diet for me. My main reason for low carbing is that it has helped me reduce my blood sugar readings to almost normal levels.

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Spiral. Ya gotta start drinking and eating healthy ya know. This veggie stuff ain't real food. Get a bacon sarnie inside ya, nice big mug of strong tea, three sugars. Puts hairs on yer chest. You'll be a new woman in no time. :wink:

D.

Jo123

goji said:
Just curious - why do people use these meal replacer drinks? Is it for weightloss?

Thanks Goji

Not to lose weight but for convenience if I am out and can't get a low carb lunch anywhere.