A bit of fun .... What a difference 6 months make!

Vikingepigen

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments - I can tell you all that I feel like a million dollars!! I just feel great - and although I still feel a little on shaky ground taking this into the future, but I know it can be done, thanks to the many great people on this forum!!

Alice

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
What a difference , Alice!! Fantastic.

claps-1.gif

ATTA.gif

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Alice.

I think you should be proud of what you have achieved in such a time scale. You look so much more confident, radiant and just generally comfortable in your own body. Well done you. Through all the photos the real Alice is still there, whatever shape or weight you were. An inspiration to everybody Alice.

Ken. :D

foxy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done indeed! However, miserable old biddy that I am, here's hoping you can keep it off. When all the compliments die down then the real struggle begins.I know, I have been there several times. So remember, it's a life time commitment, not much different from managing Db.
I'm only trying to help :roll: :mrgreen:

Spiral

foxy said:
Well done indeed! However, miserable old biddy that I am, here's hoping you can keep it off. When all the compliments die down then the real struggle begins.I know, I have been there several times. So remember, it's a life time commitment, not much different from managing Db.

Y'see, this is the difference between a diet to lose weight and a diet for life. Diabetes is forever and we have to be able to manage our diet because diabetes does not take a holiday. Our motivation is staying alive with our feet on.

Most weight loss diets involve changing your eating patterns and then ging back to your old ways nce you (i) get to where you want to be or (ii) get bored with it.

To keep our blood sugar low we understand how the food we eats affects our bodies, especialy in relation to the insulin we either produce ourselves or inject. We manage our diet and the evidence of our success (or otherwise) can be seen almost immediately in our blood meters. If we go back to eating carbs our success would be reversed. There are lots of long term low carbers who have shed the weight and maintained it.

Vikingepigen

foxy said:

I have no idea why you think such a post would be helpful???

The weightloss has come a result of getting my Bg under control since my diagnoses. I have not been dieting for the sake of weightloss! AND my diet is one that I am very well aware of I have to keep/maintain for life. And no, there will be no struggle after the compliments die down .......... there has been and still is and will always be a struggle to control my compulsive overeating, but at least I am steering in the right direction with the help of a good, varied low carb diet and regular exercise - keeping my Bg well under control, will help keeping my weight under control too.

AND I am rightly proud, very proud of the results I have achieved ........ both with my Bg control and my weightloss and intend to to stay focused on keeping BOTH down and healthy.

Alice

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
AND I am rightly proud, very proud of the results I have achieved ........ both with my Bg control and my weightloss and intend to to stay focused on keeping BOTH down and healthy.

And rightly so Alice, everyone is proud of you on the board !!

Foxy, everyone on this board knows that it is NOT a diet, it is a lifestyle change that we all commit to to control our diabetes and make our lives healthier.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I second that.... :D

mikey

Alice,
you look great and you are an example to all of us.
I have only just seen this thread and I thought you deserved recognition.
You haven't just changed what you eat, you have changed your habits and your attitude.
I think that by posting your pictures you have shown people what can be achieved.

Most of the advice I have had has been along the lines of, "Look what could happen if you Don't!"
How marvelous to see an example of, "Look what can happen if you Do !"

There will be some people who feel disappointed that they have not achieved as much as you have, and without meaning to be negative they come across that way.
Don't worry about any of that.
Don't be angry with them, they are not trying to be nasty, just keep doing what you are doing.
Congratulations, you are a star!

Regards,
Mike.
PS. I haven't done as well as you either but I'm going to try even harder now, thanks to you!

viv1969

I just looked at your link there Alice, and you have done SO fabulously. You are a complete inspiration to folks like me.

Vikingepigen

Ahhhhh guys ..............!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Still struggling a bit with the last few kg off, but determined to succeed!! Away chocolate, away!!! :lol:

Alice