What is the best smoothies for type 2 diabetics?

Brian79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
as above I've just bought a new smoothie maker and was just wanting some ideas,it seems to make everything smooth as silk including frozen veg, ice cubes it really is a good one

Reactions: 2 people

Emz72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am also T2 and have recently got a recently bought a nutribullet. I find the the greener the smoothie the better. I tend to pack it with spinach or romain lettuce as kale has a strong taste. I also add carrots, blueberries. Try 70% veg and 30% fruit.

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
as above I've just bought a new smoothie maker and was just wanting some ideas,it seems to make everything smooth as silk including frozen veg, ice cubes it really is a good one
I have had my Nutribullet since just before Christmas, I use mixed frozen summer fruits, full fat greek yoghurt a small squeeze of agave nectar and a little milk. Really thick and creamy and keeps well overnight if need be.

Brian79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks people keep them coming if you don't mind what you put in yours

Juno80

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Ive been doing a banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, a good dollop of just peanuts, peanut butter and cram the rest with spinach then fill the gaps with unsweetened almond milk. Been my breakfast all week, and doesnt send my BS through the roof. Just be careful on the blueberries

Brian79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seen coconut milk in the supermarket is that good for you? And what about taste?

Juno80

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I haven't used coconut milk. As with any of those "health" products, read the label and make sure it doesn't have a list of 30 ingredients, or added sugar. The almond milk i buy has 2. Almonds, and water. You can actually make it your self if you have a high quality juicer.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use kale spinach cucumber courgette and any other green stuff I have and add some apple pear or berries and coconut water. Coconut milk would make a thicker smoothie

Reactions: 2 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seen coconut milk in the supermarket is that good for you? And what about taste?
It seems everything coconut is good for us now the health food shops are doing coconut syrup and coconut butter as well as the coconut oil and milk I even saw coconut nectar that is used like sugar and made from the blossom..but it is all really expensive

Last edited by a moderator:

zacthedog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injections,
Coconut milk is not too coconuty if tbaf makes sense, got unsweatend and the same with almond milk.
Both low low low carb.

Reactions: 6 people