First month - over and done with

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it's been exactly a month since diagnosis. I feel really great have increased exercise to 2 hours per week and up to 8000 steps a day, have lost 12kg on low carb diet and blood glucose is an average of 6 for the last 7 days from 19.6. My total cholesterol is also down from 4 to 3. The diabetic nurse was happy and ferguson supportive, they are going to do blood tests in four weeks time to see how I am getting on with diet changes and exercise, so no heed for medication yet.

Reactions: 12 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great to hear, it looks like you are definitely on the right track.

Reactions: 2 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's impressive weight loss in 1 month! Well done x

chinta

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is amazing. I thought I was doing quite well but ....... Are you doing lchf?

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all thanks for support have cut out all wheat based products and no added sugar, lots of oily fish, green veg, chicken a little sweet potato for Sunday lunch having fun using spiraliser, and making low fat 1% fresh cream cheese I am an artisan produce maker in my spare time so starting to vary recipes. Going to do almond flour soda scones today to see what effect they have will mix with home made cheese and fresh chives. Lots of taste. I gave also found I have no real appetite.

Reactions: 7 people
Y

Yorkshire_Ian

Well it's been exactly a month since diagnosis. I feel really great have increased exercise to 2 hours per week and up to 8000 steps a day, have lost 12kg on low carb diet and blood glucose is an average of 6 for the last 7 days from 19.6. My total cholesterol is also down from 4 to 3. The diabetic nurse was happy and ferguson supportive, they are going to do blood tests in four weeks time to see how I am getting on with diet changes and exercise, so no heed for medication yet.

That's great - well done! I was diagnosed with Type2 in around November last year and am on the diet and exercise programme. I have my first dietitian appointment next week. All the best. Ian

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi Jacfburcham. Well done. Keep doing what you are doing.

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a lovely dinner tonight mussels, prawns, chicken, cherizo sausage, paella with red peppers, garlic and asda cauliflower rice. It was really tasty for the whole family and no impact on blood sugar 5.2 before and 5.3 two hours later.

Reactions: 7 people

rocknrollman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories,people who like hunting and snobs.Also Pompey fc.
Well done Jacfburcham.You seem to have tackled this head on.Good luck for the future.

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods down. To between 4.5 and 6 all day yesterday. 5.1 first thing this morning had poached eggs, fresh tomato and home made smoked salmon with pot of green tea, two hours later reading of 5.2. Home made 100% beefburger with whole meal sandwich thin and lots of lettuce and cucumber. No change in blood sugar. Looking forward to roast duck, and green veg for dinner.

Matthew-G-Bell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People walking slowly in hallways.
Sorry - My Apologies, I thought the person in question was new.
Fair enough haha, I thought for a second you were asking daisy to provide me with basic information, and as nice as that would be, I think after 6 years I've gained an understanding :p

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all thanks for support have cut out all wheat based products and no added sugar, lots of oily fish, green veg, chicken a little sweet potato for Sunday lunch having fun using spiraliser, and making low fat 1% fresh cream cheese I am an artisan produce maker in my spare time so starting to vary recipes. Going to do almond flour soda scones today to see what effect they have will mix with home made cheese and fresh chives. Lots of taste. I gave also found I have no real appetite.

Hi, how did they turn out? They sound very good! If you have the recipe would love it.

All the best

D

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Instead of scones, my daughter and I made a lemon cake. Recipe is on the food pages under Julie's pantry. It came out really well, I had a 1 cm slice cut up into three fingers and had with a lovely coffee watching call the midwife just checked bloods no spike:)
332eff6be9ec1b95c74be5f4d6099947.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made a lovely fresh cheese today, no hidden additives. It garlic and chives from the garden so will crumble lovely over salad tomorrow for lunch.