Optium Xceed

PacoB

Hi there,

I had the E-6 error today and noticed that the year on my meter had changed to 2014!!

Once I had corrected it, everything was fine.

MICKYMOO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Um, why are some of you guys paying for blood meter strips? Do you all not know that as an insulin dependent diabetic you can apply for an NHS medical exemption card so ALL your prescription items are FREE?

I use the Optium Xceed meter and there are 3 second strips available now. I know it only shaves off 2 seconds from the older strips but hey, add up all the 2 seconds over a lifetime and there you go! Why wait longer than you need to!!

Elmo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thintype2

Here's the error codes for your monitor:
E1 - Temperature is too high or low
E2 - Problem with meter, turn off and on again
E3 - Problem with test strip
E4 - Blood glucose result too high
E5 - Blood sample applied to test strip too early
E6 - calibration or test strip error

I suggest you cut and paste this, print it and keep it with your monitor.
I have a optium xceed meter and it keeps coming up with error code E-7 can anyone tell me what means??

Elmo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a optium xceed meter and it keeps coming up with error code E-7 can anyone tell me what means??

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

@Elmo I think it might be a test strip error. The strip might be used or damaged. Try another strip maybe?

qrp

HI,qrp back after quite a while and still using Xceed as formerly.
Apparently, CCGs are mandating that GPs prescribe cheaper meters and strips, which, here, means the Wavesense Jazz. Looks a bit cheapo but it does the biz ok and I'm impressed with the many tagging options e.g. bedtime etc. Problem is that for me, poor eyesight makes the display virtually unusable. It's dark with tiny letters tucked up under the overhanging case. Otherwise I'd be willing to adopt it plus it does meet in full the (post May 2016) requirements of ISO 15197- which the Optium Xceed does not. Also, much as I like the Xceed, it does not offer tagging. So, has anyone tried any of the Xceed's stablemates that do offer tagging? Plus and minus comment both welcome! Regards to all qrp

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the Exceed and have used it since diagnosis, every year I test its accuracy when I have my hab1c by doing my testa t the same time as my bloods and then check the average alongside the result from the hab1c they have always matched within the 0.01 range. I have an Optium Neo as a back up meter, that too has large numbers and is easy to read and use, the minor gripe with it is it has no separate backlight button for night time use, also I don't use all the bells and whistles it has, but it is very accurate and runs 0.01 lower than my Exceed

qrp

Thanks, satindoll. I actually have two Xceeds, both as backup to the OneTouch Ultra 2 for which I get strips prescribed (have to pay for the Abbott ones).
An update now. I had been trying the Agamatrix Wavesense Jazz which is the meter 'they' want us all to use. I haven't seen a good word said about it but it does the biz although it feels plastic-y and cheap compared with others. What I did like was the tagging for pre and post meals and, crucially, for bedtime. That helps to avoid night time hypos. Anyway, I downloaded and used the software (easy-peasy) and it will display a time graph plus loads of other stats if you want them.
The Jazz has a dull, low res display with tiny tags obscured somewhat by the case so my poor eyesight precludes it's use. That's why I was wondering if Abbott had a rival and the Neo could be it. Thanks again - Abbott are sending me one.
Incidentally, I got the Verio IQ upgrade for the Ultra 2 - very clear and easy to use but tagging is just pre or post meal and not that vital bedtime one. A shame or I'd go with that else. I'm looking forward to what the Neo offers - the bells and whistles as you term it!
Kind regards qrp

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Your welcome, I love both my Optiums and wouldn't change them for anything else on the market, I have learnt to trust them completely, and you have to trust them if jabbing and driving.