novorapid units

peter lee

hi all , im getting lots of different info off my gp /diabetic consultants each and every one giving conflicting advice , one consultant tells me to take 1 unit with say 1 slice of bread ,no more than 6 with a meal ,the other says no matter what i eat i need to inject 16 units with all food/meals , another says take 5 with all food lol im baffled if i eat carbs i tend to inject more , my morning meal (6am) is usually i poached degg with 2 rashers of grilled bacon ,i inject 6 units with that ,evening meal (5pm) usually 3 types of veg some meat ,half a jacket potato (small) 16 units , am i taking too much too little or just right i know after the evening meal injection i sometimes feel a little off , i also take 40 units of lantus at bedtime with 4 metformin as advised ??

peter lee

hi victorri no i have not in 20 years of being type 2 i have been told just the basics there are too many diabetics & not enough qualified people to advise i think . the NHS is struggling to cope in my area tameside there are lots of good intensional nurses but sadly overstretched