Bloods

dookie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was having very poor blood readings last year( hba1c 9.7) and my nurse uped my Glicklazide to 160mg twice a day in early December. This appeared not to be having any effect when I saw her early this month (I was having readings in the late teens on a regular basis) so I am being put on injections. In he last four days my blood readings have suddenly dropped to really good levels and I'm a bit confused to say the least. Any thoughts ?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What have you been eating? Often the right food (low in sugars and starches) can make a big difference to glucose levels.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was having very poor blood readings last year( hba1c 9.7) and my nurse uped my Glicklazide to 160mg twice a day in early December. This appeared not to be having any effect when I saw her early this month (I was having readings in the late teens on a regular basis) so I am being put on injections. In he last four days my blood readings have suddenly dropped to really good levels and I'm a bit confused to say the least. Any thoughts ?

Have you changed your diet?
Have you got rid on any infection?
Did you become less stressed?
Are you sleeping better?
Have you started a new batch of tablets?
Have you started a new pot of strips?
Was the decision to go onto another medication taken on your meter readings or an HbA1c or other blood test?

And that's just for starters!! Sooooooo many things could be making a difference.

dookie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started on the low carb diet in Ernest just after xmas but my diet wasn't that bad before. No infection, not really a stressy person, sleep poor as per usual, meds from same batch, tried strips from a different batch and did a test on the meter, the decision was based on my poor hba1c readings. Thanks for the reply