Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
spjb. - Hello Sheila Welcome to the Forum. We are all friendly, supportive and helpful. Any questions you may have, just put a posting on the forum and someone will answer.:)

Reactions: 2 people

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've known about my diabetes for about 10 years. I'm 62 next month, I'm 6' 1", weigh 12st 5lbs, BMI around 22, I'm reasonably fit (cycle, walk), healthy diet, don't smoke, don't drink to excess, only member or my family with diabetes - - - why me?

Only answer I can come up with is - - - why not me?

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As I have a little time on my hands now, I thought I'd have a go at answering some of these questions.

- What is your name? David
- How old are you? 62 in February
- Which country are you from? I'm English British
- Which city/area do you live in? Cornwall
- Are you religious? Not anymore
- Pick three words to describe your personality. I'm not sure I can answer this truthfully
- Do you have any pets? Not anymore
- Microsoft or Apple? Either/Neither - I have to use one or the other (Microsoft usually) but, if I thought I could get away with it, I'd rather use a fountain pen
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Have played rugby (many, many years ago) and cricket. I cycle when I can and enjoy watching each of these, but especially non-league football
- Do you get angry easily? Not at all
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? The thought of either of these fills me with horror
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Early Bowie (but really Mick Ronson), Mott the Hoople (they were SO much more than All the Young Dudes, Memphis and Roll Away the Stone), by extension Ian Hunter and the Rant Band, Springsteen, Clapton, Orbison, Rachmaninov, Fleetwood Mac and so many more.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Almost anything with the exception of heavy metal and country
- What is your favourite flag? Any that don't stir up xenophobia
- Ever gone camping? Yes, but a long time ago
- Ever been in love? Yes, and I still am
- Ever used fake tan? Why would anyone want to do that?
- Which countries have you visited? Just a few European ones
- Favourite city? Not sure that I've visited that yet
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Probably easier to list the ones I don't like: any that fall into the category of irritatingly cheap and lowest common denominator, such as Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity, anything hosted by Ant and Dec and so on
- List your five favourite films. I'm going to have to really think hard and long about this one
- Are you wealthy? Yes, but I have little money
- Do you work? If so, as what? Retired but heavily involved with charities

Reactions: 6 people

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
- What is your name? Nancy
- How old are you? 59
- Are you male or female? female
- Which country are you from? US [Trying hard to fit in here by converting all my mg/dl readings to mmol/l :) I'm bound to make some mistakes, so if i post wacko numbers, chalk it up to conversion errors... ]
- Do you have any pets? 2 cats
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Biking & diving
- Do you get angry easily? Nope. Unless you're a health care professional who insists that I'm imagining things when my daughter has a rare, life-threatening disease. (Happened twice.)
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes - happily married for 33 years.
- Ever used fake tan? Nope
- Which countries have you visited? Soviet Union (when it was the Soviet Union - Russia, Usbekistan, Georgia), Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Australia, Mexico
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes - attorney
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Math, Physics, Computer Science, Education, Law

Ruth_C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is your name?
Ruth. (I'd much rather have played hangman with some of you guys before giving away my name so easily. )

How old are you?
28 and holding...

Are you male or female?
Female.

Which country are you from?
Ireland.

Which city/area do you live in?
Near Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Are you religious?
No, but if you need an Ark, I Noah guy.

Pick three words to describe your personality.
I. Am. A. Rebel.

Do you have any pets?
1 x ***** Cat. Jazz. She had a slightly less clever sister called BeBop who sadly played with traffic and lost.

Microsoft or Apple?
Huh? All I know is that one should never fart in The Apple Store as they don't have Windows in there...

Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
I play Bridge and most card games quite well. Does that count? I'm super excited about The Six Nations starting in a couple of weeks and I'll watch just about any sport. Except cricket. Rio. Can't wait. Also can't believe it's been 4 years since London! Where does the time go?

Do you get angry easily?
Moi? ...who gave YOU a wedgie?!

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
I'm faaaaaar too chicken for tattoos myself, but I've seen some real pieces of art on other people.

List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Elbow, Clapton, Bob Dylan, Mumford & The Smiths. (At least 4 of these artists will be replaced tomorrow when I hit "Shuffle" and someone who I've forgotten I love pops up.)

What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Depends on my mood.

What is your favourite flag?
Skull and Cross Bones. Arrrrrgh!!

Ever gone camping?
Only as a child when I didn't have such massive issues with bugs, public showers and lack of electricity.

Ever been in love?
I think so? I definitely had very strong feelings for Tom Hardy the last time I watched Batman.

Ever used fake tan?
Yes. What 16 year old girl hasn't experimented with a bottle of St. Tropez or Sunshimmer resulting in catastrophic consequences? Think Wonka's Oompa Loompas. Only worse.

Which countries have you visited?
Pretty much all of Europe.

Favourite City.
1. Belfast.
2. Paris.

List your five favourite TV series.
The Sopranos, House of Cards, The West Wing (Vote Bartlett!!) Game of Thrones & The Big Bang Theory.

List your five favourite films.
Are you kidding me? It took me about an hour and a half to narrow down my 5 favourite TV shows and I'm still devastated I had to leave out Suits and everything Attenborough!!

Are you wealthy?
Financially? I'm not rich, but I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for and I feel like a million dollars when I think about how lucky I am to have them all!

Do you work? If so, as what?
I do. I'm a Civil Servant. Saving children's lives on a daily basis.

List the subjects you study/have studied.
French & Spanish. But I think it's a good idea to keep learning as we get older. Keeps the brain active. I fancy a little bit of Politics or History next.

What do you like most about yourself?
My personality. Day by day, I feel like it's improving. I would have liked to have said my blonde hair, (I aim to have hair like a golden retriever's tail) but then I remembered I pay £120 every 4 weeks to maintain that colour and it's not really "mine".

What do you like least about yourself?
That my guilty pleasure in life is Eastenders. I don't admit that to very many people. Is being too honest an acceptable answer aswell??

Last edited by a moderator:

OldFatface

What is your name?
Lynda

- How old are you?

69 in a few days

- Which country are you from?

I'm from UK but I live in New Zealand

- Which city/area do you live in?

Waitakere

- Pick three words to describe your personality.

Artistic, contented, eccentric

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?

I swim every day(or most days)

- Do you get angry easily?

Nope.

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.

I don't like music

Ever gone camping?

Tep, Yorkshire Dales quite regularly when younger and my husband was alive.

- Ever been in love?

Of course, several times.

- List your five favourite TV programmes.

I don't have a TV.

-- Are you wealthy?

Yep. But I don't have much money.

- Do you work? If so, as what?

I was an English teacher.

- List the subjects you study/have studied.

In the past few years: Forensic Science; British History; Tikanga and Te Reo Maori

- What do you like most about yourself?

Pretty much everything.

Are you prepared to answer questions about yourself?

Sure, fire away.

I was diagnosed diabetic 8 years ago but there were not many lifstyle change for me as I was already eating and doing what was recommended just because that's what suited me. However, I have since cut out wheat (but not because of the diabetes) and if I can avoid sugar of any kind (apart from the occasional fresh fruits) I can also avoid pain. I've not yet met a diabetic who gets a lot of pain if they have sugar (I don't mean refined, or in chocolate - just any form, including from carbs).
I tested myself regularly for the first 2 years but the BS levels (in this case, BS mean blood sugar :) although I do admit to BS of another kind) were always good. So I don't bother now. Here's a picture of me in case you want to put a face to the name.
Cheers

Attachments

• Nice pic of me.jpg
    Nice pic of me.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: 4 people

Loliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello! I am already a member of this forum, have been for a long time, but every time I come back and enter the correct password it says the password is not associated with that user. Then I change the password and it says there is no account with that member name. Then I rejoin and it says I can't use that password 'because it is already in use' What is more, my user name 'is already in use'. This has happened three times now and last time I made sure my computer automatically inserted my username, password and email address automatically. So I know I have them right. It's VERY irritating!

Since I'm on this thread I may as well tell introduce myself, as I didn't do this before. I'm 57, have a pump and CGM and an assistance dog. All of which have kept me alive pretty well as I have unexpected and crashing hypos. I now have a 640G pump and it is fabulous. I'm a poet. Not religious. (That is, I am not religious and I happen to be a poet, not that I do not write religious poetry. Which I don't. For obvious reasons.) I like drawing, reading, and lots of other things too numerous to mention.

Reactions: 4 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hello! I am already a member of this forum, have been for a long time, but every time I come back and enter the correct password it says the password is not associated with that user. Then I change the password and it says there is no account with that member name. Then I rejoin and it says I can't use that password 'because it is already in use' What is more, my user name 'is already in use'. This has happened three times now and last time I made sure my computer automatically inserted my username, password and email address automatically. So I know I have them right. It's VERY irritating!

Since I'm on this thread I may as well tell introduce myself, as I didn't do this before. I'm 57, have a pump and CGM and an assistance dog. All of which have kept me alive pretty well as I have unexpected and crashing hypos. I now have a 640G pump and it is fabulous. I'm a poet. Not religious. (That is, I am not religious and I happen to be a poet, not that I do not write religious poetry. Which I don't. For obvious reasons.) I like drawing, reading, and lots of other things too numerous to mention.
Hey Loliz, could you please drop me a private message containing your previous username and email address associated with it?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Welcome to all those recently joined the Forum.:)

JayClubRocker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Jay
- How old are you? 48
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? England UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Shropshire
- Are you religious? A little bit of a Buddhist with a bit of Spiritualism.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Very easy going.
- Do you have any pets? 3 Cats, our boys.
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? I like Football, Tennis, Snowboarding, Swimming, Wii Fit.
- Do you get angry easily? No.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No. I am scared of needles.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. INNA, Shania, Cheryl, Madonna, Delta Goodrem, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Mans.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Pop and Dance and Country.
- What is your favourite flag? UK, USA, Japan and Canadian.
- Ever gone camping? Yes a long time ago.
- Ever been in love? Yes I am.
- Ever used fake tan? No.
- Which countries have you visited? Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I am going to France in September.
- Favourite city? New York.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. The Walking Dead, Rizzoli and Isles, AHS, The Fall and Castle.
- List your five favourite films. Memoirs of a Giesha, The Last Samurai, Grease, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Avatar.
- Are you wealthy? No. I wish!
- Do you work? If so, as what? I am a full time Carer.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Multimedia, Art and Design, French and Romanian languages.
- What do you like most about yourself? My empathy and love of animals and nature.
- What do you like least about yourself? My weight and my height.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
How does one copy this list of questions please.

PeterApp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NAH!
- What is your name?
Peter
- How old are you?
As old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth; old enough to have a bus pass and a pension; 66 on the outside, 30-35 on the inside
- Are you male or female?
Male
England
Yorkshire
- Are you religious?
I believe in God but see no conflict between science and religion. Religion is at the root of so many of the past and present wars and conflicts.
Easy-going, pains-taking, lazy - not necessarily in that order
- Do you have any pets?
Only the spider that lives behind the fireplace
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft (but I love Apple Pie and custard)
Pressing the buttons on the remote control
No, but as a fairly typical Taurus when the lid does blow it blows big time!
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
Yuk!!
Glenn Miller, John Denver, Gustavo Dudamel, Winton Marsalis, Abba
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Anything you can actually listen to without getting a headache!
- What is your favourite flag?
The White Rose of Yorkshire
- Ever gone camping?
A long time ago, got very wet and cold and have never been since
- Ever been in love?
Yup
- Ever used fake tan?
Huh?
- Which countries have you visited?
Canada, USA, Mexico, Ecuador, Argentina, Chile, Botswana, The Gambia, Tunisia, Egypt, India, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Romania, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Wales and Scotland (sorry, Ireland: haven't made it there yet!)
- Favourite city?
Vancouver, BC
rarely watch any these days
- List your five favourite films
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, Casablanca, Gandhi, Lawrence of Arabia, Zulu
- Are you wealthy?
I'm happy - which is worth more than money
Not in the paid, salaried, wage-earning sense
I'm a local historian currently researching the alum industry of north-east Yorkshire
That I rarely annoy myself
- What do you like least about yourself?
That I'm as lazy as a sack of potatoes

itchywitchy

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!
Hey friend

Just read your questionnaire answers and they had me in stitches. You have a good sense of humour. Mrs B must be in stitches all the time! Photo is cool. Fat Jesus? Nah! Nice to put a face to the cartoon you though.

Byeeee
Juliette x :wave:

L

LRD

Is this where I go to contact people and speak with them. I am a LADA, I figure, as I am not a two and am not a 1. I have an autoimmune disease, but I am not on insulin as yet. What other people are a LADA as there is not much out there to help us. Is there anything different and are there tests that determine it. LRD

metype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!