Type 2 Life

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 this morning. I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday, I've been having quite a few false hypos when my BG went below 5 but when I tested before my meal it was 4.8 and I had no symptoms! Normally I would have had the shakes with dizziness and a fuzzy head but I was absolutely fine. I must be getting used to lower readings :)
@Diamum5972 that is good to hear, it's good when you see responses to changes you've made, a gee up to you. :)

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thank you @loulou99782 I am better, I've just had my hair cut, I was looking like myself in the 1970s !! Got a more suitable hairdo for a "lady of a certain age" now. What's everyone up to today?. Hubby and I are taking our son out to lunch, he likes McDonalds so I'll have some veg soup before we go out and abstain at McDs

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @loulou99782 I am better, I've just had my hair cut, I was looking like myself in the 1970s !! Got a more suitable hairdo for a "lady of a certain age" now. What's everyone up to today?. Hubby and I are taking our son out to lunch, he likes McDonalds so I'll have some veg soup before we go out and abstain at McDs
Having my hair cut later just going in the shower. I don't blame you for abstaining at McDs its yuck

Reactions: 8 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm working from home today so just about to go to the gym. Then off to the second week of the Expert course which is being delivered by Trudi Deakin (I'm very lucky that her company is literally around the corner). It's from 3 to 5.30 and there's only 4 diabetics, one prediabetic and some of her staff so it's very hands on! I'm going to miss the next two weeks as I'm in London for work and then on hols in Tenerife but she's promised to give me the reading to do in advance and answer any questions. I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm back at the gym, just sore coming down the stairs!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
It's been a chores day today, I caught up on housework this morning and popped to Sainsburys this afternoon. I've been catching up on old episodes of Shetland so I squeezed one in before DS got back from college, the episodes are 2 hours each so they're rather time consuming! Doing dinner now before I ring mum. My younger brother visits my older brother on Monday night so mum likes a natter before EastEnders :)

Reactions: 10 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 am
late shift tonight, so if chum is up for it, will go swimming this morning, the forecast is a load of rain, so no walks.

Reactions: 9 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, 6.7 today. Going to visit mum later, it's a good half hour walk each way so plenty of exercise. Slight problem is the 50 mph winds we're expecting! Wish me luck :)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning not happy with that. I will need to have a good think as to why it's going up.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Say hello to mum for us @Diamum5972 and enjoy your walk. It's horrible here lashing rain and high winds so, no walk for me. Suppose I'll have to run up +down our stairs a few times or get the Zumba DVD on. @*##*@ diabetes!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@loulou99782 not even warm clothing and waterproofs could cope with the stormy weather up here. This part of Scotland's not so "bonnie" today. You have a lovely day down there in London x

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, I have the morning off for a Physiotherapy appointment for my shoulder. FBG of 6.2 so not bad. :)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@loulou99782 not even warm clothing and waterproofs could cope with the stormy weather up here. This part of Scotland's not so "bonnie" today. You have a lovely day down there in London x
Looks bright but damp down here will be going to church knitting group in a bit, then got Dad's stoma check and food shopping later. Busy day today

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Looks bright but damp down here will be going to church knitting group in a bit, then got Dad's stoma check and food shopping later. Busy day today
Howling a gale here @loulou99782. Gusts over 60 MPH and hope there's no power cuts. My shoulder is still painful and stiff and my physiotherapist thinks it might be Diabetic Frozen Shoulder.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... my physiotherapist thinks it might be Diabetic Frozen Shoulder.

I've got shoulder rotator cuff syndrome and talking today with a physio about it, was told diabetics are more prone to this and that they don't know why. Interesting!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've got shoulder rotator cuff syndrome and talking today with a physio about it, was told diabetics are more prone to this and that they don't know why. Interesting!
I have a very stiff, painful and weak right shoulder and today my physiotherapist said it is rotator cuff syndrome or Frozen shoulder. Only imagining and further tests can tell. It's blooming painful though and she said it could take 4 months minimum to start making progress. Surgery is a last resort, I have had key-hole surgery done on my left shoulder two years ago.

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I thought my leg problem had resolved itself but it's back today with vengeance. Back is very stiff too.
I need to sum up the interest to see GP about it for some help. Painkillers work but should have shoved off by now if a trapped nerve.
If weather not too bad saturday or home football match on I might try going back to swimming. Fingers crossed. ;-)